Cleaned T/b This Weekend

nc211

I cleaned the throttle body this past weekend...and WOW...what a nice surprise it made in the car's overall smoothness...seems to be a lot quieter, power is applied a lot more smoothly, better mpg and "I don't understand why??" it's shifting absolutely perfectly now, can't even feel the shifts at all! I posted up how I did it in my "figured out the wobble" thread.....anyway, while cleaning it, I noticed inside of the throttle body housing a 4 or 5 inch pipe coming in from the driver's side, on the top. It has an angled tip end, and it was covered in carbon buildup. I cleaned it the best I could with my Dremel attachment scrubber "see wobble thread for details". What is this tube??? Is that part of the EGR component? I've got a picture, but it's too large to post "resolution at max 3200 x 1700..4 megs". I can try to post it if needed.

thanks amigos!!!!

Oh yeah....by the way....thanks for the advice on buying a new gasket, just in case the old one broke....That sucker split into 4 seperate pieces...Thank God I took your advice and had a new one with me! Check out the wobble thread, I was able to post up a picture of the inside of the throttle housing after using the dremel brush. I think that's where I'm seeing the most improvement. I really hit it around that little hole and surrounding areas. You can also see that pipe I was talking about...although a little out of focus, and I about blinded myself from the camera flash.