Where Is The Keyless Entry Module Located?

DJ Hellfire

My uncle just bought a 1997 LS400 that came without a remote. The dealer was gonna give him one, but when they tried to program it, it would not work. So he figured they must have had a busted remote. I found him one on Ebay and tried to program it today. It came with instructions but I too could not get it to work. I got up to the part where you turn the ignition on and off and the car cycles the locks, but after the car cycled the locks, the car did not respond to the following steps where you hold the LOCK button and so forth. :censored: The FCC ID# on the remote is HYQ1512P. That's the correct one for a 97, right? I have never had a problem programming a keyless entry remote, so I think the module may be bad. I didn't see any fuses labled for keyless entry, so I doubt it's that. My question is, where is the keyless entry module located? It was too cold to search for it. Anyone know or had a similar problem? Also, I found numerous versions of programming instructions that had a few different steps. I tried them all, but which is the correct programming instructions?

Also, I did search and read through every thread that came up on a "keyless entry" search. Thanks!

This from my '95 repair manual, so the '97 shouldn't be all that different....

post-1461-1136678157_thumb.jpg post-1461-1136678169_thumb.jpg

As far as I know on the 95-97 you can't turn the keyless entry off. You can, however, disable the chirping sounds. ;) If I remember correctly, Wandawoods did a pretty in depth write up on programming the remote...did you try this one? http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...wtopic=9825&hl=

This from my '95 repair manual, so the '97 shouldn't be all that different....

post-1461-1136678157_thumb.jpg post-1461-1136678169_thumb.jpg

As far as I know on the 95-97 you can't turn the keyless entry off. You can, however, disable the chirping sounds. ;) If I remember correctly, Wandawoods did a pretty in depth write up on programming the remote...did you try this one? http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...wtopic=9825&hl=

Thanks! Yeah, I did copy and save Wanda's instructions already! Didn't try them yet because I already left my uncles house which is an hour away from me!