Key Program

can anyone help me program the key with the built in remote to my 98 gs400? i contacted lexus(usa)but they said that i have to send the car back over(usa) & i'm in the bahamas & thats to expensive for me, & we don't have a lexus dealer in the bahamas

can anyone help me program the key with the built in remote to my 98 gs400? i contacted lexus(usa)but they said that i have to send the car back over(usa) & i'm in the bahamas & thats to expensive for me, & we don't have a lexus dealer in the bahamas

wireless.

1- all doors closed and locked except drivers door (open and unlocked)

2- place key in ignition turn it to on and off

3- cycle the manual door lock from unlock to lock 5 times

4- closed the driver side door and open the driver side door

5- perform step 3.

6- place key in ignition and turn it on to off (one time to add a key) on and off two times ( rewrite ) pull key out of ignition, the door lock should response by going to lock and unlock( one time to add key) lock and unlock two times for rewrite mode.

7- push lock and unlock bottom on key together for 1 sesond and push unlock one time.

if procedure is performed correctly the door lock will lock then unlockand alarm beper will sound.

immobilizer.

1- start car and stop car. remove key from ignition cylinder.

2- place registered master key in ignition do not turn on.

3- push gas pedal 5 times

4- push brake pedal 6 times

5- take out registered master key from ignition.

6- place new key in ignition. do not turn on

7- push gas pedal one time.

8- wait 60 seconds, the factory security indicator should go off then the key is programmed.

the immobilizer section will only work if you have a registered "Master key" if you only have a valet then it will not work unless the valet was registered to be a master key.

its sounds kinda crazy to send a car back to the states just to get the keys programmed. :lol:

wireless.

1- all doors closed and locked except drivers door (open and unlocked)

2- place key in ignition turn it to on and off

3- cycle the manual door lock from unlock to lock 5 times

4- closed the driver side door and open the driver side door

5- perform step 3.

6- place key in ignition and turn it on to off (one time to add a key) on and off two times ( rewrite ) pull key out of ignition, the door lock should response by going to lock and unlock( one time to add key) lock and unlock two times for rewrite mode.

7- push lock and unlock bottom on key together for 1 sesond and push unlock one time.

if procedure is performed correctly the door lock will lock then unlockand alarm beper will sound.

immobilizer.

1- start car and stop car. remove key from ignition cylinder.

2- place registered master key in ignition do not turn on.

3- push gas pedal 5 times

4- push brake pedal 6 times

5- take out registered master key from ignition.

6- place new key in ignition. do not turn on

7- push gas pedal one time.

8- wait 60 seconds, the factory security indicator should go off then the key is programmed.

the immobilizer section will only work if you have a registered "Master key" if you only have a valet then it will not work unless the valet was registered to be a master key.

its sounds kinda crazy to send a car back to the states just to get the keys programmed. :lol:

Here you go. :cheers:

key_program_gs.pdf

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a similar problem on my 1995 GS300, I unhooked the drivers side door "indicator" so i could have the door open and it wouldnt beep while listening to music. Key got in washamashine(thanks to wife) and the dealership said it would be 477.00 to replace a door latch? i have the new key from the dealership, they said they just can't program it cause of the latch being disabled????, can i just take the latch sensor off another door and then program it?, becausethe remote locks & unlocks fine without the latch "sensor" on the driver side door ,you just need that to "program a new key".

Any ideas very appreciated!!! :P

PEACE!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My second key is acting weird. Its him I cannot program for keyless. Everytime the car sits at home within the range of the second key, it opens all windows. So I thought to reprogram it, but it didnt work. The red light also flashes for no reason.

I fixed it by taking the battery out of the second key.

I have tried every option there is in the interenet about programming.

We'll see how it goes.

• 10 years later...

Hello I bought my new car at auction (03 Lexus GS 430) and I only have ONE key(don't know if it is a master key or not) when I enter the key in the ignition, the security light doesn't go off and when I turn on start,the car crank but won't start. Also the remote doesn't work. Can anyone please help me start my car ??

On 11/14/2010 at 10:33 AM, denis_demenis said:

take a look here it can halp you HTTP://DEMENIS.AMAZINGWEBMALL.COM

Hello I bought my car at auction (03 Lexus GS 430)and I only have ONE key ( don't know if it is a master key or not) when I enter the key in the ignition, the security light doesn't go off and when I turn on start,the car crank but won't start. The remote doesn't work.Can you please help me start my car??