Bfi Question

Moony400

Hello,

Maybe someone can shed some light as to how the BFI works. I've been reading about BFI and seems to be many different ways to make them. This weekend, I completed one myself. I did all three chambers, top cover, underheadlight and blocking the battery side. Now here's the question I have, where does the air come from when under the headlight and battery side chamber is sealed off? If you look from the battery side over to under the headlight area (after it is sealed off) there are no opening for air. My understanding is that without a BFI, the snorkel would get the air from right underneath the headlight, right?

Can some with experience on BFI shed some light on this topic. Explain how what each chamber does and where the air is coming from after the battery side, underneath the head light has been sealed off?

Thanks,

MoonySC400

You dont need to seal off the under the head lights. You suppose to keep it open to have air come in. Better yet make a snorkel for it so the air will come up into your air box. Plus is you pop the front panel cover in back of the bumper open?? It used as a big air duck. That is why you need to cover the battery side to have the air going to the air box direction. BFI would work best if the air is cold like night driving and on High way. Also put in K&N filter or TRD air filter and you will definitly feel it more. I'm attaching some pics to help explain what I mean. I hope this help answer your question.

post-10004-1129792463_thumb.jpg

post-10004-1129792490_thumb.jpg

JamesN, thanks for info. That's what I forgot, the opening in the bumper area. I found a page (www.planetsoar.com) that shows you how to keep it open with two 50mm screws. Feeling the extra kick now. Although I did keep the part under the headlight sealed off. That's the one thing I see that everybody is doing when talking about BFI.

Thanks,

MoonySC400