93 Es Dogbone Mount

I replaced the dogbone mount on my 93 ES300, It was worse than I had thought I am glad I changed it. The idle is smoother and it feels new again. I checked the motor mounts and they seem fine for now but I will change them out in the near future. Here are pix of the old mount.

post-1634-1119400303_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1119400324_thumb.jpg

I like shoving the worn rubber out and replacing it with 3M polyurathane window sealer.

Waaaaay stronger than the stock rubber. Much less rocking around. I would suggest anyone with a strut tower bar that's within 1" of knocking the manifold to do that.

Had the ureathane , it worked for a while.

Just added a washer as recommenede by another member.

It is much better than the ureathane ever was and easier.

Luckly i don;t have to worry about a bar that rubs like most.

I replaced the dogbone mount on my 93  ES300, It was worse than I had thought I am glad I changed it. The idle is smoother and it feels new again. I checked the motor mounts and they seem fine for now but I will change them out in the near future. Here are pix of the old mount.

Careful! the dogbone mount was likely chewed up because the front liquid filled mount is bad. My guess is you will be replacing the dogbone in about 6 months plus the front liquid mount. The dogbone is just easy to spot because when the liquid mount goes, the dogbone takes all the abuse and it is easy to see on top of the engine.

Andy

I like shoving the worn rubber out and replacing it with 3M polyurathane window sealer.

Waaaaay stronger than the stock rubber. Much less rocking around. I would suggest anyone with a strut tower bar that's within 1" of knocking the manifold to do that.

My bar was that close then i shoved two washers inbetwwen the tower and the sttrut bar mounts,and bent the bar a little,now its perfect. But pretty ironic how a bar thats "saposably" saposed to keep my chasis together could be bent by me by hitting it on my leg(alot of force but still not as much force as a vihicle has)

I replaced the dogbone mount on my 93  ES300, It was worse than I had thought I am glad I changed it. The idle is smoother and it feels new again. I checked the motor mounts and they seem fine for now but I will change them out in the near future. Here are pix of the old mount.

Careful! the dogbone mount was likely chewed up because the front liquid filled mount is bad. My guess is you will be replacing the dogbone in about 6 months plus the front liquid mount. The dogbone is just easy to spot because when the liquid mount goes, the dogbone takes all the abuse and it is easy to see on top of the engine.

Andy

Yes, I know I will be replacing the lower mounts soon, 1-2 weeks. :cheers:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Great job!

This thread has been very helpful for me. :cheers::cheers: The shaking of my steering wheel stopped soon after filling the dogbone with my polyurethane.

I still notice my engine going down towards the back of the engine so I suspect that the lower mounts are going as well. Has anyone filled these lower mounts with polyurethane as well?

Great job!

This thread has been very helpful for me. :cheers: :cheers: The shaking of my steering wheel stopped soon after filling the dogbone with my polyurethane.

I still notice my engine going down towards the back of the engine so I suspect that the lower mounts are going as well. Has anyone filled these lower mounts with polyurethane as well?

Lower front mount is next for you. It is not that difficult. :cheers:

[

Lower front mount is next for you. It is not that difficult.:cheers:

I checked both front ones and they "looked" fine...nothing leaking or torn.

They don't leak they wear and get flimmsy [ soft ] If your dogbone was worn then the possibility that your front lower mount took a beating because it was doing all the work. I replaced my dogbone first and it helped then I replaced the lower front and it drove like new , Quite a difference you will be so happy when you change it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-NEW-Toyota-Camry-V6-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Check out these, Ask the vendor about your specific model/year, The price is right.

low-priced aftermarket front motor mounts tend to be solid rubber instead fluid-filled as in the oem one. and from what i heard/read aftermarket ones don't last as long but a third the price of the fluid-filled one. from his reply that ebay seller is selling the solid rubber ones.

low-priced aftermarket front motor mounts tend to be solid rubber instead fluid-filled as in the oem one. and from what i heard/read aftermarket ones don't last as long but a third the price of the fluid-filled one. from his reply that ebay seller is selling the solid rubber ones.

I just did a quick search to give direction, It would be a decision the owner would make as to what mounts are installed. Just trying to help out. :cheers:

yup i'm with ya. when i was pricing out the mount to replace mine i was wondering why the heck some were $40-50 and others were $120-150. now we know ;) like you said it depends how much longer the owner is planning to keep the car.

yup i'm with ya.  when i was pricing out the mount to replace mine i was wondering why the heck some were $40-50 and others were $120-150. now we know ;) like you said it depends how much longer the owner is planning to keep the car.

Which ones are fluid filled?

yup i'm with ya.  when i was pricing out the mount to replace mine i was wondering why the heck some were $40-50 and others were $120-150. now we know ;) like you said it depends how much longer the owner is planning to keep the car.

Which ones are fluid filled?

The $100.00+ mounts.