Sc400 High Pressure Power Steering Hose

When I bought my SC400 about 6 weeks ago, one of the problems that I faced was a leak in the High pressure power steering hose. To replace it Lexus wanted an 'arm, a leg and my first born child'. (too much money). So I found a used one at a salvage yard and put it on. While the used hose is working OK, I have the secret fear that it may quit any day. So I went looking for a place that could repair my original hose. I found just the place. It is:

LONE STAR HOSE and ACCESSORIES. They are at 112 Staduim Drive in Arlington, Texas 76010. Their phone number is (817) 275-3212. I don't know if they will do out of state mail-in's, but if they do then you Must use them.

My cost for this repair is: $48.95! $48.95! For that amount of money, you couldn't get a sniff at Lexus. They say that they can make or repair Any high pressure hose for automobiles, including brake lines, power steering hoses, etc. They do this for a number of automobile dealers in this area. (I'll bet that the dealer doesn't tell you that the hose that they replaced was fixed by Lone Star)

The repair job is beautiful. I now have an on the shelf replacement if my other hose quits.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So for $48.95, was that the cost of the repair or for a new hose?  You mention that they can make any hose...just curious as to what that cost may be.

That is the cost of the repair. But, it makes my hose as good as new. They used a beter grade of hose and re-attached all of the metal brackets etc.

:D