How To Clean Interior Fabric Ceiling?

Hellow fellow Lexus owners,

I recently purchased a 1998 sc300 and would like to clean the interior fabric ceiling liner its not to bad but lets face it the car is not new. I had called a couple of detail shops in the area and they would not touch it stating fabric could tear or sag.

I also went through the archives here and was suprised that I could not find a prior post on this topic.

So I would appreciate anyone who has done this successfully to help with suggested product(s) and technique to follow.

thanks for your help

Scott

Did Find one archive responce under headliner woolite any other options on chemicals to use?

Hellow  fellow Lexus owners,

I recently purchased a 1998 sc300 and would like to clean the interior fabric ceiling liner its not to bad but lets face it the car is not new. I had called a couple of detail shops in the area and they would not  touch it stating fabric could tear or sag.

I also went through the  archives here  and was suprised that I could not find a prior post on this topic.

So I would appreciate anyone who has done this successfully to help with suggested product(s) and technique to follow.

thanks for your help

Scott

Did Find one archive  responce under headliner woolite  any other options on chemicals to use?

Headliners:

Require special care and attention, as cloth type headliners are assembled with foam backing and usually glued to a fibre roof panel. If the headliner becomes wet, it can cause the head liner to delaminate and fall down. An interior cleaner (303 TM Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner) should be used. Spray onto a terry towel and wipe very gently

Do not spray products directly onto head lining. Wipe lightly making sure not to leave headliner wet. Inspect and re-clean as necessary. It is better to clean twice, rather than to allow the head liner to get too wet. An alcohol based aerosol glass cleaner may also work for this operation because of its quick evaporation. Vinyl headliners should be cleaned the same way

Methodology

·Lightly brush the headliner with a natural-latex sponge or a horsehair brush, they have very soft bristles that are gentle and is specially made for headliners or leather surfaces, this will loosen dust / dirt and make vacuuming easier (for very light dust or lint use a rolling lint brush)

·Do not use a stiff brush as you may snag or tear the headliner material

·Lightly vacuum the headliner to remove loose dust

·Spray 303 CM Cleaner & Spot Remover on to a 100% cotton terry towel

·Cleaning the headliner a quarter section at a time, use very light and even pressure on the towel to work the cleaner into the fabric. Do not saturate the material or use much pressure on the towel

·Use a fresh, clean damp, 100% cotton terry towel to remove the soil / dirt

·Frequently rinse the towel in clean warm water to ensure all dirt I soil is removed

·If the vehicle is fitted with a sunroof, open it a couple of inches, as dust builds up at the front edge.

Clean this area before closing the sunroof and proceeding to the rear of the sunroof.

JonM

Hellow  fellow Lexus owners,

I recently purchased a 1998 sc300 and would like to clean the interior fabric ceiling liner its not to bad but lets face it the car is not new. I had called a couple of detail shops in the area and they would not  touch it stating fabric could tear or sag.

I also went through the  archives here  and was suprised that I could not find a prior post on this topic.

thanks for your help

Scott

Did Find one archive  responce under headliner woolite  any other options on chemicals to use?

Headliners:

Require special care and attention, as cloth type headliners are assembled with foam backing and usually glued to a fibre roof panel. If the headliner becomes wet, it can cause the head liner to delaminate and fall down. An interior cleaner (303 TM Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner) should be used. Spray onto a terry towel and wipe very gently

Do not spray products directly onto head lining. Wipe lightly making sure not to leave headliner wet. Inspect and re-clean as necessary. It is better to clean twice, rather than to allow the head liner to get too wet. An alcohol based aerosol glass cleaner may also work for this operation because of its quick evaporation. Vinyl headliners should be cleaned the same way

Methodology

·Lightly brush the headliner with a natural-latex sponge or a horsehair brush, they have very soft bristles that are gentle and is specially made for headliners or leather surfaces, this will loosen dust / dirt and make vacuuming easier (for very light dust or lint use a rolling lint brush)

·Do not use a stiff brush as you may snag or tear the headliner material

·Lightly vacuum the headliner to remove loose dust

·Spray 303 CM Cleaner & Spot Remover on to a 100% cotton terry towel

·Cleaning the headliner a quarter section at a time, use very light and even pressure on the towel to work the cleaner into the fabric. Do not saturate the material or use much pressure on the towel

·Use a fresh, clean damp, 100% cotton terry towel to remove the soil / dirt

·Frequently rinse the towel in clean warm water to ensure all dirt I soil is removed

·If the vehicle is fitted with a sunroof, open it a couple of inches, as dust builds up at the front edge.

Clean this area before closing the sunroof and proceeding to the rear of the sunroof.

JonM

togwt,

thank you this is what I was looking for outstanding

Scott