Very Strange Leak Inside The Car !

shahab_b

Hello everyone , I own a 1994 Es300, last night we had a very hard rain after a long time in Bay area , cali , and today morning there was like 2 inches of water staying on the front and back passenger side carpet!!! the facts are :

1- I took the car to carwash a few times , there was no leak by the windowses or anything ,

2- everything is dry , roof , seats , passenger side carpet and seats ...

3- trunk is dry

My guess is its leaking from somewhere in the trunk or hood , I have no idea , please help me guys , also I dont know how to dry this thing !!! thanks in advances !!!

Hello everyone , I own a 1994 Es300, last night we had a very hard rain after a long time in Bay area , cali , and today morning there was like 2 inches of water staying on the front and back passenger side carpet!!! the facts are :

1- I took the car to carwash a few times , there was no leak by the windowses or anything ,

2- everything is dry , roof , seats , passenger side carpet and seats ...

3- trunk is dry

My guess is its leaking from somewhere in the trunk or hood  , I have no idea , please help me guys , also I dont know how to dry this thing !!! thanks in advances !!!

WOW 2 inches of water is a lot of water. well i think there are drains for the sun roof that run down the window and if they cloged it might back up into the car like that. but i realy do not know get the old hose out and spray it everywere leaks are very hard to find some times.

i would sujest that maby you might have a ac drain clog but that only normaly back up on the pasanger side and just enought to make the floor wet

Hey your from the bay area too. Ya the rain has been really bad the past few days.

Ack... I had to edit my post misread your question. Sorry.

As for the driver side, I'd still check the driver side rubber seals, but look mainly on the bottom of the door. Also make sure your window is contacting the rubber. Just use towels to soak up the water.

Hey your from the bay area too.  Ya the rain has been really bad the past few days. 

Ack... I had to edit my post misread your question.  Sorry.

As for the driver side, I'd still check the driver side rubber seals, but look mainly on the bottom of the door.  Also make sure your window is contacting the rubber.  Just use towels to soak up the water.

There are ruber plugs under the car u could pull out to help drain some of it off. but use towels and start soaking it up because if u wait to long u will get mold. i had a grand pre that kept getting water on the floor in the rear. i searched for months trying to find the leaks. it only happen when it rained and the car was parked on a certin angle. after i found the angle i parked the car like that and it turned out it was a trunk seal. it was coming in from the trunk running under the seat and on to the floor.

thanks guys , thats what I think , there must be a blocked drain somewhere that is causing this (because I always park the same and this is a new problem , angel and level of my parking place hasn't been changed ) !! I imagine its coming from somewhere in the trunk since there was more water in the back !!! well , I guess I'll just pour the water out and dry it and get a cover for the car for now till the weather gets better , thanks alot again guys and looking forward to hear more oponions...

After you get most of the water out, is there anyway to get an extention cord, a powerful fan & sit outside on a nice day with your fav auto mag & dry it out the best you can?? :blink: Put lot's of towels to take up as much as you can & good luck!

:cheers:

thanks SKperformance;

I am sure now that the sunroof is the problem !! I opened the coveres and it was all wet , so I took the back seat out and opened all the covers , it was a disaster !!! water everywhere , I took all of it out , its just wet now , I put towels everywhere and I covered the sunroof with plastic and dock tape for now

now my question is : where are the drains for sunroof , I checked but couldn't find out , also whats this spray wd40? please help me , I am not just on the situation of spending big bucks to repair the sunroof , thanks for your help ....

thanks SKperformance;

I am sure now that the sunroof is the problem !! I opened the coveres and it was all wet , so I took the back seat out and opened all the covers , it was a disaster !!! water everywhere , I took all of it out , its just wet now , I put towels everywhere and I covered the sunroof with plastic and dock tape for now

now my question is : where are the drains for sunroof , I checked but couldn't find out , also whats this spray wd40? please help me , I am not just on the situation of spending big bucks to repair the sunroof , thanks for your help ....

WD40 is a lubricant product that comes in a spray can. You can find it in at hardware stores, and probably automotive stores too. As for the sunroof, I'll leave that to someone else to answer.

the roof should have 4 drains in each corner ,they are small holes wd 40 is a lubricate used for hinges and other stuff

it works good to loosen debris as it bubbles and is about $2-3 for a can and it is everywhere 7/11 to walmart and beyond ,everywhere sells it.

To use it comes with a small pipe to attach to the nozzle then find the holes and spray them right inside in short bursts or it will bubble out into your face with the pressure if blocked.

i'll take a look in a minute to see where exactly they are