Gs300 Gas Pedal Vibration

I have a 98 Lexus GS300 that I love. One problem.

The Gas Pedal Vibrates at lower RPM. It's directly correlated to the Engine noise/RPM's at any given time. If the car get's slightly stressed in any way, say the usual acceleration or when moving, when I punch the pedal, their is a distinct and noticeable vibration in the gas pedal.

Also note, the their is a bit of lateral play in the gas medal. If I grab it with my hand, I can move it left to right about 1/4 inch. Other Lexi, (never been in another GS) the gas pedal was sturdy, and I have never seen this on another car.

My wife even noticed it without me telling her.

That let me know it was not in my head.

Does anyone have any idea's? Does anyone know of a way to tighten the gas pedal on a GS? Is it just that I need to tune my Engine? It seems smooth enough to me.

I took it to the Dealership, and they basically said their was nothing they could do. They tried to sell me a bunch of other stuff. Usuall dealer crud.

I have a 98 Lexus GS300 that I love.  One problem. 

The Gas Pedal Vibrates at lower RPM.  It's directly correlated to the Engine noise/RPM's at any given time.  If the car get's slightly stressed in any way, say the usual acceleration or when moving, when I punch the pedal, their is a distinct and noticeable vibration in the gas pedal. 

Also note, the their is a bit of lateral play in the gas medal.  If I grab it with my hand, I can move it left to right about 1/4 inch.  Other Lexi, (never been in another GS)  the gas pedal was sturdy, and I have never seen this on another car.

My wife even noticed it without me telling her.

That let me know it was not in my head.

Does anyone have any idea's?  Does anyone know of a way to tighten the gas pedal on a GS?  Is it just that I need to tune my Engine?  It seems smooth enough to me.

I took it to the Dealership, and they basically said their was nothing they could do.  They tried to sell me a bunch of other stuff. Usuall dealer crud.

Plugs ? Wires ? Injectors need cleaning ? Clean the throttle body ? Air filter ? :whistles:

Sound like something associated with the pedal is loose. Crawl under there and see if everything is tight. check everything. Maybe try some dynamat in small strips if nothing else comes to light. I think it's something the dealer should take care, maybe try another dealer. Also make sure the exhaust is tight, sometimes it will cause all sorts of vibrations, or if any rubber mounts are gone or worn out. :P

Sound like something associated with the pedal is loose. Crawl under there and see if everything is tight. check everything. Maybe try some dynamat in small strips if nothing else comes to light. I think it's something the dealer should take care, maybe try another dealer. Also make sure the exhaust is tight, sometimes it will cause all sorts of vibrations, or if any rubber mounts are gone or worn out. :P

Do you have the service records ? :whistles:

• 5 months later...