Maintenance Required Light

just so we are on the same wavelength (sorry, a light joke there, get it lite....light.....oh nevermind).

You speak of the little light that reminds you to change your oil and rotate your tires and stuff like that, right?

You do not speak of the Check Engine Light, aka CEL (yellow and looks like and engine), right?

try this if it is the reminder light to change your oil and stuff.

1. With your car OFF, place your key in the ignition and turn to "On". Do not start the car.

2. Find the odometer button and press until it reads the total odometer setting, (not the Trip A or Trip B setting).

3. Turn the key to OFF.

4. Place your finger back on the odometer button, press and hold. At the same time, turn the key back to "On".

5. Hold the odometer button in until the MAINT REQD light goes out...should take about 8-10 seconds.

Good Luck

steviej

Stevie,

See if your car has an impression of the words maintenance on the instrument cluster. I know Toyota will install the option on some vehicles but not activate it. Usually, activation is as simple as adding a bulb or fuse or even a sensor.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a GREAT tip. Are there any other cool tricks I can perform by mashing dash buttons?

just so we are on the same wavelength (sorry, a light joke there, get it lite....light.....oh nevermind).

You speak of the little light that reminds you to change your oil and rotate your tires and stuff like that, right?

You do not speak of the Check Engine Light, aka CEL (yellow and looks like and engine), right?

1. With your car OFF, place your key in the ignition and turn to "On". Do not start the car.

2. Find the odometer button and press until it reads the total odometer setting, (not the Trip A or Trip B setting).

3. Turn the key to OFF.

4. Place your finger back on the odometer button, press and hold. At the same time, turn the key back to "On".

5. Hold the odometer button in until the MAINT REQD light goes out...should take about 8-10 seconds.

Good Luck

steviej

• 3 weeks later...

3. Turn the key to OFF.

Good Luck

steviej

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been bugged by the little light for a month now. Bought the RX350 in California, had it surfaced at 4000 in Spokane, and now living in Florida with currently 6000 miles. So I did what the responder said and lo and behold it worked. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
I've been bugged by the little light for a month now. Bought the RX350 in California, had it surfaced at 4000 in Spokane, and now living in Florida with currently 6000 miles. So I did what the responder said and lo and behold it worked. Thanks.

Good to know how to turn it off... But I've got a question? What else can cause this besides Oil/filters requiring changing. In my case, my RX330 is at least 2k from a required Oil change, and the Air filtre was also recently changed. Any idea, or should I take it into the mechanic and get him to do a read.

Good to know how to turn it off... But I've got a question? What else can cause this besides Oil/filters requiring changing. In my case, my RX330 is at least 2k from a required Oil change, and the Air filtre was also recently changed. Any idea, or should I take it into the mechanic and get him to do a read.

Well after doing more searching apparently "The car will display the "Maint Reqd" light every 5,000 miles". I've never seen it before and I've had my ride over 40k. I do use the Maintenance schedular in the nav. Are the two related some how or not. Because if this is something that happens "automatically" then why have I not seen it before, is my new question...

Thnx

• 9 months later...

3. Turn the key to OFF.

Good Luck

steviej

Thank you Sir

Mike

3. Turn the key to OFF.

Good Luck

steviej

Hi Steve

I have another problem with my Lexus RX400h, it is American Model with Miles und F.

Did you know how kann i change miles to kilometers.

Thanks

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

AC-Service (Schweiz) AG

Djuro Jany

SAP / Dataprotector Technical Consultant

Hardstrasse 73

CH-5430 Wettingen

+41(0)56 437 42 94 Direktwahl

+41(0)79 663 38 65 Mobile

www.ac-service.ch

• 8 months later...