Water Leak

I have a 1994 ES300. After a hard rainfall, I found quite a bit of water in the back seat, but only on the floor. No water on the seat or anywhere else. The only place where there was water was on the passenger side of the car--mostly in the back.

I checked the seal on the door and it looks fine. There was no water on the roof so I don't think it was the moonroof. My only thought is that it may be coming from under the car...any ideas?

No, the trunk appears to be dry. The moisture is mostly in the back on the floor and under the passenger seat. My only thought is there must be a leak underneath...ever have a similar problem? Thanks...

Similiar, but it was in a different vehicle which water would first enter the trunk area via the rear light gasket. The wheelwell for the spare tire would always have moisture in it until I figured out what was going on.

I have a 1994 ES300. After a hard rainfall, I found quite a bit of water in the back seat, but only on the floor. No water on the seat or anywhere else. The only place where there was water was on the passenger side of the car--mostly in the back.

I checked the seal on the door and it looks fine. There was no water on the roof so I don't think it was the moonroof. My only thought is that it may be coming from under the car...any ideas?

my sc 400 was doing the same thing and the problem was the plastic behind the inside door panel was not properly sealed. you have to take off the door panel & tape or using caulking to secure the sheet of plastic that is attached to the door shell. this fixed my leak problem.

it won;t be from the trunk as there is a gulley under the rear seats which would collect it instead.

lift up the rear seat it is only held down with 3 clips one per each side and one in the center just pull up. be carful to be gentle or you will crack the leather if it isn't treated often.

CHeck the amount of leakage with a dollar ill folded run up and down the gap for the window and rubber seal to see if it is out of wack.

or got to a power washer and get someone to spray that side while you sit inside to see if it leaks

• 3 weeks later...

Well, We've been having a lot of rain lately and I've been unable to stop the leak, so I broke down and went to the dealer.

Turns out, the service rep told me the drainage tubes from the moonroof were all clogged up. That was causing the leaks. They cleaned out the drains. There was also a little corrosion where there was some wiring due to water exposure so they cleaned that up and sealed it. Total cost was about $300. Thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions!

• 1 year later...
Well, We've been having a lot of rain lately and I've been unable to stop the leak, so I broke down and went to the dealer.

Turns out, the service rep told me the drainage tubes from the moonroof were all clogged up. That was causing the leaks. They cleaned out the drains. There was also a little corrosion where there was some wiring due to water exposure so they cleaned that up and sealed it. Total cost was about $300. Thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions!

Barry, its been a year, still no problems with water in the back seat? I am having the exact same problems, however I have NO rain here, well at least for a long time. The only thing I thought it might be is the airconditioning is draining to the same spot, back seat floor, passenger side only. And the weird thing is it has only happened since I have had it surviced by dealer. hmmmmm... I would check the drains for the moonroof, but like I said, no rain and it seems to get wet almost daily. This weekend I thought I might have to dig into it more.

Oh

My

God

It takes twenty seconds to fire my compressor up. If anyone wants to pay me $300 to give a few shots of compressed air in your A/C vents I'll be glad to DRIVE to where ever you are. I'll even throw in charging the A/C & blowing air in the A/C drain / evap valve free of charge!

ROTFLMAO! Dude you got ripped up bad.