Navigation System Help

I just got my rx330 and I love it. just small issue. Does anyone manage to get navi safe mode while driving to turn off yet? It's really frustrating when I want to look for POI while on freeway. Is there any code or key to get it unlock?

Any help would be greatly appreciate! Thanks.

• 4 months later...

It seems the only way to do this is to put a switch on the vss wire going to the nav system. So you con temp disconnect this wire while you enter info it will give you about 20 sec to enter info. Downfall nav will run off track a little. But it will let you enter info once you turn switch back on the nav will get back on track.

• 1 year later...

How To Enter Map Destinations While Driving

In sequence

Press the Menu button on the dash.

Press the Volume button on the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen. (Where the speaker icon is located.)

Press the lower left corner of the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen again.

Press the lower left corner of the screen again.

On the screen that appears:

Press the Override button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deselected.

Press the Back button to get back to the previous screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I THINK THAT THIS WILL ONLY WORK FOR 2005 AND UP. I HAVE AN 04 RX330 IT WILL NOT WORK FOR ME...MY BOSS JUST GOT A 2006 AND IT WILL WORK FOR HIS. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE IT WORK ON A 2004 PLEASE POST.

:chairshot:

HAVE TRIED OVER AND OVER...WORKS FINE ON THE 2006 BUT NOT MY RX330 2004. I WISH IT WOULD WORK.

I have a 2001 RX and it works you just have to go into the dvd menu verison buttod then go up down up down on the left hand side. the menu button is in the destination screen

There are two different methods to over-ride the driving safety feature dependant upon which version of the navigation you have. I currently can't remember which is which, but try both methods and one should work, if not, go into your dvd menu and tell me which nav version you have and ill see if i can figure it out.

Method 1:

Get into your sound menu

press top left

press bottom left

press top left

press bottom left

Method 2:

Navigate to your dvd information screen (where you can see which version you have)

Press top left

press bottom left

press top left

press bottom left

press bottom right

this should bring you into the service menu, press and hold the override button for a few seconds and let go, it should change in color confirming the nav override. Hit back to return to main menu. This is not a permanent override and must be done everytime you start the car. Keep in mind this will not enable phone dialing while in motion, only the navigation system.

I have just tried both, Method 1 and Method 2. Neither works for me...

I have VER.02.1

Thanks

I just took a look around the lot and we don't have any 04 RXs with navi right now for me to test. Ill update as soon as I can find a system with your version of navi

That would be great... I don't get it. I can get it to work on the 06 as I said above and have heard it works on other 04's, but it will not work on mine. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

WHATEVER YOU DO ... DO NOT CHANGE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY! If you press Australia or China you will completely lock-up your system.

While this information is floating around the web I STRONGLY suggest NOT modifying or accessing any other features. This hidden MENU system was designed to be accessed by engineers.... not end users.

Lastly, the warranty for your navigation system will be VOID if they determine that anyone has altered this factory setting.

• 2 weeks later...

I just screwed up my navigation but accidentally hitting load "US-TAB" under LOAD menu.

Now the navigation appear to be inoperative and the is a message in both English and Japanese, "Insert correct disk". Any one knows how to reset it ? Please help. My bad!!

:cries:

I have just tried both, Method 1 and Method 2. Neither works for me...

I have VER.02.1

Thanks

I just took a look around the lot and we don't have any 04 RXs with navi right now for me to test. Ill update as soon as I can find a system with your version of navi

• 7 months later...

There are two different methods to over-ride the driving safety feature dependant upon which version of the navigation you have. I currently can't remember which is which, but try both methods and one should work, if not, go into your dvd menu and tell me which nav version you have and ill see if i can figure it out.

\\Methods removed; find in original post\\

Hey Lex, I'm a extreme Noob out here, but this Nav thing is killing me...I just picked up a 07 IS250 (Which I love of course) and the Nav thing has got me bummed. I have Denso ver06.1 no ML. None of the posts out here worked for me, I have been at it for 3 days. I was able to get into the service menu by turning on the car, (not starting) holding the info button down and flashing parking lights on and off, but a las no override button, not at at all......

If you can help me out I'm sure we can work out some kind of deal ;-)

Thanks for any help!

Mike

• 10 months later...

I have a 2003 LX with Mark Levinson Audio. The override sequence listed below does not work on my system at all. Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

In sequence

Press the Override button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deselected.

• 3 weeks later...

This info came bit late for me :( I have tried to switch to european countries in secret menu ...

Now i have tried almost everything ... nothing helps to get rid of this Japanes/English message complaining about wrong disc ....

I have also disassembled whole NAV unit and tried removing bettery, because i didnt had reset switch ...

Nothing helps ... any more "bright" ideas?

BTW i cannot get to that "secret" menu anymore ... 1/2 secret service menu says that NAV is NCon ... not connected i guess...

when i phisicaly remove NAV it also dissappears from service menu, but when i put it back, it sees it but still NCON ... :(

help help help ....

WHATEVER YOU DO ... DO NOT CHANGE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY! If you press Australia or China you will completely lock-up your system.

• 2 weeks later...

This works great in my car! This also brings up other options on the screen. Any of these worth exploring (or best left alone!)? One of these is "load". Do I need to be at this menu to update my DVD disc to 6.1? Also, will an update disable the ability to overide (2005 RX330).

Thanks

Steve

In sequence