Changing Lowbeam Headlight Bulb On Sc300

Hello Everybody!

I'm brand new on this forum. The lowbeam headlight just went out on my 97 SC300. Looks like the bulb is dead. How much of the hassle is it to replace the bulb by myself ? I have a standard (stock) 9006 55W HB4 halogen bulb. I did some search on this topic in this forum. It seams much of the discussion is concentrated on cleaning lenses/foggy buildup/installing brighter custom headlights. I suspect this maybe a very basic operation, but appreciate if somebody give me some pointers on how to do this and things I should be aware of. Thank you very much.

you just simply open up your hood and get to the socket of the low beam which i believe is the middle of the three sockets and just twist the socket and pull out and when putting the new bulb in be sure not to touch the bulb with your fingers because they say the oils off of your bare fingers can burn and cause a fire from the heat of the bulb.

you just simply open up your hood and get to the socket of the low beam which i believe is the middle of the three sockets and just twist the socket and pull out and when putting the new bulb in be sure not to touch the bulb with your fingers because they say the oils off of your bare fingers can burn and cause a fire from the heat of the bulb.

I can see that socket, but it's hard to reach. It's the left headlight, so it's directly adjacent to the battery. I was wondering should I take the battery out first or instead unscrew the entire headlight assembly. The problem with taking headlight assembly is that some of the screws seem to be underneath it and also hard to reach.

No real easy you can take out the bulb with out taking out the battery. of coarse if you have big hands then it might be a problem. but try to mess around in there and feel ur way in.

if not you have to unscrew the wheel well, only the first 4 screw clockwise. flip the panel open alittle and stick ur hand in there. you will feel the 2 screws, use a ratchet and unscrew those towo bulbs. you do not have to disconnect the whole headlight just oull it out a little and replace the bulb.

yea the first time i did it i took out the head light but once i figured out how the socket worked i could do it on car and i thought it was a big waste of time but well thats how we learn ;) once you get the hang of it it should be a snap.

Thanks a lot everybody. It turned out to be trivial :) I just disconnected the wire from bulb socket (just a snap out), then turned bulb socket down maybe 60 degree or so clockwise (it's a left headlight) and bulb just came out. That's it!