Homemade Cd's

I had a similar problem back a few years ago, and the problem was the format burning of the CD. The particular burner software that I was using (I can't recall its name right now) allowed you to burn the music CD in 2 formats...one to work ONLY in the CD Burner Drive of the computer and the other format would allow the music CD to be played in any CD Drive or car CD unit. I would suggest that the software you are using most likely burns to the first format I described. Check to see if your burning options allow for you to change your burning to the second format. If not, you'll have to most likely get another CD Burning software package that does. I'm presently using a 3 year old one called NTI CD Maker 2000 Plus that works just fine for CD's that play well in the wife's Lexus and my Subaru both. Hope this is on the money and is of some help!

You're driving a Lexus, step up and do what you know you should, buy the actual album.

Sorry couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Anyways I echo what gbh says about the formatting. Using high quality CD-R (not RW) and the formatting are crucial to getting them to play properly.

You're driving a Lexus, step up and do what you know you should, buy the actual album.

by copying everyone else's albums is how I managed to afford the Lexus.

couldn't resist either. :blink::rolleyes:

steviej

LOL!

In case people didn't notice my above comment was in response to fatty's statement towards me and my tire decision thread and doesn't reflect my actual opinion on the use of burned CDs ;)

Mine have worked fine for years, since 98. Just look in the buring software. The CD must be WMA or WAV.

I use Roxio and like it. Wife uses Neo I think and it works fine also. Both work and you can find them online for zero if you find creative ways.

I would gladly buy any CD when the prices are down to earth. Untill then, screwem. Plus the artist never sees more then a small %.

• 2 years later...

Anyways I echo what gbh says about the formatting. Using high quality CD-R (not RW) and the formatting are crucial to getting them to play properly.

What if you have 25 purchased cds and only want 1 or 2 songs from each cd and you burn a cd with only the songs you like. so its not fair for the burned cd not to work

What if you have 25 purchased cds and only want 1 or 2 songs from each cd and you burn a cd with only the songs you like. so its not fair for the burned cd not to work

The 12 disc fujitsu changer is the most unreliable audio component lexus ever put in any of there vehicles :chairshot: :censored: . You a very fortunate that it works at all. Get a 96 es cd changer. It's plug and play.