Engine Codes? What Do They Mean?

LEXDOGG

Hey guys, I was driving today and all of a sudden my 91 ls started sputtering and dieseling. If I nail the gas it does it and then it goes away at high rpm.It idles rough as well. It died once but I started it back up and it continued to run. i just pulled the codes and this is what it read. 13,24,31. Could someone please tel me what they mean? thanks Michael

Ok I looked up the codes on the net and I found them. Now my next question is where do I start?

this is what the codes mean.

code 13-Rpm signal

code 24-Intake air temperature signal

code 31-Airflow meter signal(vacume sensor signal)

Can someone please help??????? :( :(

thx Michael

wait till gen I gurus will see the post, they will help you, they have all the codes and they have troubleshooting schemes for em as well. tnite is sunday night b4 memorial day so just be patient:)

I just started up my car and I unplugged the mass airflow sensor and the idling characteristics performed a little better. When I pluged the sensor plug back in the rough idle came in immediately. I am really thinking the mass airflow meter is junk. I was reading some books at work(autozone) and it states that some vehicles intergrade the intake air temp sensor in the mass airflow meter as well.

Michael

Michael,

My dealership wanted 1100$ for a new sensor + labor. I found a used one for 225$ on-line and did it myself.

ECU tec parts

877-312-8832, sales@ecutecparts.com www.ecutecparts.com

Good luck.

Ok I finally fixed my car after running around all day and trying to work my regular job. I found a mass air flow meter here in phoenix for $175. I put it on and still the same problems. i looked down by the powersteering pump and "BAM" 2 wires(white and red) was starring me right oin the face cut. I pulled half of my car apart on the passanger side to see where the wires went. low and behold, it was the cam position sensor. I mad my manager drive to the lexus dealer and by me another one. I got a 20% discount on the part, so it ended up costing me $111.00. I put that part on and she now purs like new again;)So I ended up spending about $300 today that I didnt need to spend. that money was going into my speed boat :( the only good thing is that my laxbaby is well again;) Thank you for the help guys;)

Michael