Turbo Kit?!?!?

• 3 weeks later...

:o Oh man.....you push it too far and you will need to focus on a ton of other (expensive areas ) How much boost do you have? What is the name of your kit? I have a (99) SRT kit. I found problems with the manifold design. In some cases you may be able to look into your manifold design, pipe sizes, down pipe size from turbo. Those are areas to look at for more power. What kind of injectors do you have? Most kits are set up for up to about 8lbs, though 6 is safe on a N/A motor. What about motor work? Pistons, rods? Pullys? Let me know what your shootin for and what you got. We can look over some areas.... :P

I think you could boost a little more than 6 lbs on a 2jz and be safe....b16's can hold 6 lbs like nothin :rolleyes:

honestly, i think you can pull 16 psi no problem. since the 2jz-ge has a lower compression ratio than the GTE, you'll be alright. now 18+ is pushing it, and 21+ is overkill. Think about it, this is toyota's pride and joy engine. bottom end are the same in both blocks with the exception of the compression ratio. these engines are able to take about 600hp without heavy modifications. i'm working on slapping a custom turbo kit and put out a goal of 450 hp daily driver. i have a friend in florida that's an expert in both lexus GSXXX's and toyota Aristo's. He owns both.

i think going with a reasonable sized turbo and replacing a few injury-prone parts and pushin 4-500 HP reliably is a great way to go. I'd love to see what LS1's had to say after gettin smoked by a 2 ton luxury car. Well, from a roll anyways...I cant imagine a boosted aristo being anything special off the line...