Just Bought New Headlisghts

I just got new headlights with no water damage. i was wondering if i should silicone them so they dont get any damage in the future. and if so what exactly do i silicone? all the holes? arent there supposed to be afew holes there so the light can breathe?

I found that the breather ( on the bottom, looks like a little can with slots) allows water vapor to be drawn up into the light where it condenses on the interior of the lens. The drain ,which is obvious, is to high up in the parking lamp area, to do any good. I plugged the breather with plumbers putty and drilled a small hole under the plastic ledge at the 8 o'clock position to allow the lamp area to drain and breathe. Guess what, it works.

Theadore,have you taken out your old headlights yet?If so how hard are they to remove.I want to do it but i dont know how.I see one screw and thats it.Also,how bad are the old headlights and would you sell them?

I've had mine out a couple of times. The visible screw isn't so bad but its the 2 not so visible in the wheel well connected to the fender nuts that are a litte bit of a pain to reach. I had to use a 12" extension and and additional 3" extension to reach it easily, with the wheel turned towards the opposite side so you can get maximum room inside. If you haven't already removed your inner wheel well that will be one more obstacle. The lower inner wheel well cover shouldn't have to be removed only the main one. once you undo these 2 nuts plus the visible screw only thing left to do is unhook your light harnesses. good luck.