Performance

MNLex

What's up fellas I've been contemplating whether or not to spice up my '03 IS300 and now I have decided to do it. I would like to know what is the best intake for the money and what type of exhaust to get (without comprimising too much sound) any help at this point would be great. Thanks

The most power gains from an intake would be SRT intake with the piggy back ECu controller. Power wise for exhaust you get the most power from a Y pipe like a Xerd race pipe. That and a third cat eliminator with your choice of axle back is the best power combo.

Thanks man, How do you like the E-Shift? Not quite a 5spd but it still moves. Do you think SRT is the best brand as far as power or just your opinion? I only ask because my friend bought an Injen that "supposedly" gave him 10hp more but who knows if it really did ya know? Plus he has a Maxima and maybe our engines are tuned higher performance wise before hand or something.

• 2 weeks later...

i would have to agree with the srt intake pipe, with the piggyback ecu makes a difference, almost all others are actually loosing power gaining only noise.

the ecu is the reason for the price difference but would you pay less just to have it loud and possibly loose power?

anyone used the obx headers, noting them on ebay for $249 new. sounds great and headers are hard to wrong with aside from the fit? only concern is check engine lamp due to loss of cats, anyone with expierence help us out on this matter, just not ready for the cost of a turbo and really need to get some more power to this with the boggy auto shift tranny. Thanks

oh and can you let me know where to buy the SRT intake and what price is competitive! :D

• 4 weeks later...