Superchargers

I was curious if anyone has installed either the RMM or SRT supercharger to their GS400. Any comments or concerns are appreciated.

-Robert

You might want to try and contact "superchargedmorph" He is on the UK side of the this club. He has a GS400 with the RMM supercharger. Maybe he could help you out.

I was curious if anyone has installed either the RMM or SRT supercharger to their GS400.  Any comments or concerns are appreciated.

-Robert

You might want to try and contact "superchargedmorph" He is on the UK side of the this club. He has a GS400 with the RMM supercharger. Maybe he could help you out.

I think you'll find Tony (superchargedmorph) actually had a TTE supercharger on his Lexus IS200 and not a GS..... sorry....... :snoooorrrtttt:

I was curious if anyone has installed either the RMM or SRT supercharger to their GS400. Any comments or concerns are appreciated.

-Robert

Man, i can not find anyone in my indusrty that has a RMM kit. I have looked and found nothing. Have you called them to get any infor.?

DO IT ! man I have the SRT Turbo on my GS300! The SRT kit will not come with all the goodies you need to have it running smooth. I noticed SRT does not come with any fine tuning equip like fuel management and boost controll. You will need to have those to have the care tuned for normal driving. SRT's super charger has been out for a while and is a little more complete as a kit. I do admire the RMM kit and is a smooth kit! Ask Around, do your research......it's a big step. My SRT is on and smokes! I did some fine tuning and I am happy with the Turbo...... :rolleyes: LEXO

Sorry for a repeat.....The gains are not as much as the turbos, and RMM has it in mind to add a little not a lot, and may not be worth your cash if you are looking for great gains! But the RMM kit is nice and easy to work with......So I hear! :P

Just so you know... SRT doesn't produce SuperChargers anymore..

Lexo, what do you mean when you say "SRT does not come with goodies"?? From what I know you pay for what you get.. Like if you only want to stage 2 turbo, that's what your gonna get.. You'll get everything the kit has to offer and will be fully functional when installed.. But if you want the goodies they have them but it's gonna cost you.. And also you have to know what you want.. oh, one more thing... Which stage did you go with and can you snap some pics for us to see.. Thanks and goodluck with your turbo my friend..

I also wanted to add either an ecu upgrade or supercharger on my GS , but does anyone know if this will void the manufacturer warranty?

Oh boy will it... As soon as they see that, the red flag goes up and your warranty is through.. The ECU you can probably get away with because it's just cutting some wires and sodering in others and you can cover it but the Turbo or SC you really can't hide...

Another thing, can you explain what you mean by when you say you want to add a ECU upgrade? Because usually when you do engine modifications you have to modify your ECU too...

Which GS do you have, and what year is it?? This kid I know ordered one I was gonna install it for him but it's the wrong one.. So he's selling it... It comes with the Intake, Piggy-Back Race ECU, and heat shield..

I have a 2000 gs 300 as you eluded in your previous e-mail the ecu will void the warranty and not the intake, if this kid is selling a kit with an piggy back ecu like the afformentioned SRT intake kit then we are back to square one, right?

I did pay for some of the goodies....It is a great kit. The guy who did the install orig was a bozo! I took it to the dyno, added the super AFC, new plugs and the thing came alive! The dude may have stole some parts? :( The new shop did a great job, and I am pleased! It is the stage 2. I wasnt aware the super chargers are not being built anymore by SRT....I do want to post some shots but, I havnt found how to do that! I guess I better get to reading eh! :blink: Thanks man....

Lexo,

How much was the increase in HP with the SRT Stage 2 turbo? I have a 2001 GS300 and I'm looking for a little more power :cheers: . I've thought about trading in my 300 for a 2000 GS400 (e shift baby, :snoooorrrtttt: last year on the V8) but a turbo sounds kool too. B)

chaskim

I do want to post some shots but, I havnt found how to do that! I guess I better get to reading eh! :blink: Thanks man....

lexo

stick your pictures in the Gallery buddy!

just hit "upload photos" - and you then browse the files off your computers disk.

you can link them into posts on here then

we want to see your kit.

:cheers:

I have just read the new issue of Super Street. Guess what, there is an article with a JDM spec SC430 with a Blitz twin super charger. I can not wait unitl this hit the US market.