Trunk Won't Open - Emergency Access

1MZ

I found this very helpful recently on my ES300 when I could not open the trunk with the button.  I also checked the button in the glove compartment and it was not the cause.

This is for a different Lexus but they all have the valet lock button in the same place (check this as well)

When my trunk malfunctioned the car was being used by an older family member who did not read good English nor have the best sight so telling them it was in the manual was not too helpful.  I sent this video to him and it helped him get the trunk open, which needed to be open ASAP since it had groceries.  Later, when I saw it in the manual I wasn't exactly sure what was being shown so it was easier for me to follow a video than the manual.  Personally, I have a hard time following things when I read them, especially instructions, if I can follow along a video it helps understand what is in the manual. Thanks a bunch for the reply! 

• 1 month later...

Good vids. My friend is looking at this ES300 with a similar issue. The truck would not open intermittently. The owner took it to a couple of shops but the issue still returns after a couple of days. We'll just finish installing the suspension and tires from 4Wheelonline on the Wrangler this week before we can take a closer look.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, DannyLXD said:

Good vids. My friend is looking at this ES300 with a similar issue. The truck would not open intermittently. The owner took it to a couple of shops but the issue still returns after a couple of days. We'll just finish installing the suspension and tires from 4Wheelonline on the Wrangler this week before we can take a closer look.

Thanks a bunch.  Looking forward to the update on the solution to the intermittent trunk function.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:58 PM, 1MZ said:

When my trunk malfunctioned the car was being used by an older family member who did not read good English nor have the best sight so telling them it was in the manual was not too helpful.  I sent this video to him and it helped him get the trunk open, which needed to be open ASAP since it had groceries.  Later, when I saw it in the manual I wasn't exactly sure what was being shown so it was easier for me to follow a video than the manual.  Personally, I have a hard time following things when I read them, especially instructions, if I can follow along a video it helps understand what is in the manual. Thanks a bunch for the reply! 

You're very welcome.

Good instructions should also include enough images to be perfectly clear. I used to create assembly and test procedures, and I often used exploded and assembly images, as well as zoomed out photos to show the area of final assembly if part of an overall assembly.
 When I watch videos, I have to stop them, frequently to perform each subassembly or disassembly. But hey, each of us has his or her preferences.

• Like 1