Towing A Gx470

jorme

With my motorhome, I currently tow a 4WD Jeep Grand Cherokee that has an automatic transmission with a transfer case that allows me to select 2WD, partime 4WD, or full time 4WD. I simply put the transfer case in neutral, the auto transmission in park and it is towable. I am purchasing an 04 Lexus GX470 that is a full time 4WD vehicle with Torsen differentials and a transfer case that gives me the choices of high, low or neutral. Am I correct in assuming that this should give me the same ability as I have with the Jeep, that I can put the Lexus transfer case in neutral, the auto transmission in park and tow like I do with the Jeep? Lexus technicians I have spoken with say that it should be possible to do this but recommend that I run the engine periodically while towing and put the transmission through its gears to insure that it is being properly lubricated while being towed. Any info or advice would be appreciated.