intermittent metallic click at low speed

Hello,

My 2002 es300, 121k miles, vehicle is running smooth no noticeable vibrations, no oil leaks or consumption. transmission fluid is also at level.

lately when i go over potholes i hear some metallic sound intermittently. At higher speed i don't hear it. I can't figure out where the noise is coming from - front, back bottom etc.

So far this is what I tested: nothing lose in the trunk, swaybar links has no play, no leaks from struts. I do notice some play at the upper engine mount (12363-20120), and do see that rubber spacer around it is wearing out. i also noticed that if brake and put car in drive engine moves a bit. Is that normal? Is mount is bad? shouldn't I get vibration at steering wheel? How to know its engine mount and not transmission mount or am i missing something? 

is it fairly easy to replace engine mount?

Thanks

-marathiboy

20220802_182220.jpg

Here's a post that contains a few possibilities:

Metallic Noise When Going Over Speed Bumps / Potholes - Brakes & Suspension - Lexus Owners Club

The engine appears to be rotating more than it should, so worn motor mount(s) is a possibility.

• Thanks 1

It does appear to move too much. 2 out of the 4 mounts are fairly easy to do. the other 2 are a pain. You'll need to figure out which ones are bad. But on a 20-year-old car if 1 or 2 are bad the others aren't far behind. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for reply, I did take look at the bottom..not sure where is heat shield..:-( does 2002 es300 has one? however I did see that couple of bolts missing..or looked that way. are there supposed to be bolts?? Pictures attached 

Appreciate your help

Mboy

20220803_182252.jpg

20220803_182524.jpg

20220803_182358.jpg