Hesitation problem

Kenneth Payne

I took my 2021 ES350 in for its 10,000-mile service, the car has hesitation is around 20-30 MPH in 4th gear when gain speed. They first said 8 months ago (5,000-mile service) to use premium fuel which I did from that point to date at Costco, the hesitation is still there. Today they said- " found knock correct learn 16.6 degrees indicating weak fuel, normally around 20 degrees. Recommend the use of quality fuel". What does 16.6 degrees out of 20 degrees mean? Anyone know? Thank you in advance for sheading any light on this ongoing inconvenience.

I had a similar issue with both a 2019 and 2021 LX570's.  It is as if the engine has to "catch up" before beginning accelerate.   Particularly annoying turning into driveway and then accelerating to reach the house.  Multiple sessions with Lexus service with no success.   "It is the way the transmission is designed."     I posted on this issue a few times years ago hoping Lexus would notice.   Well, apparently they did, for I have taken delivery of a 2022 LX600, and the engine is smooth as one would expect from Lexus.

16 hours ago, Illinois said:

I had a similar issue with both a 2019 and 2021 LX570's.  It is as if the engine has to "catch up" before beginning accelerate.   Particularly annoying turning into driveway and then accelerating to reach the house.  Multiple sessions with Lexus service with no success.   "It is the way the transmission is designed."     I posted on this issue a few times years ago hoping Lexus would notice.   Well, apparently they did, for I have taken delivery of a 2022 LX600, and the engine is smooth as one would expect from Lexus.

I'm glad Lexus has done the right thing for you, it's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. The way my Lexus dealer acts is if I'm not being truthful with them. Thank you so much for your reply. Good luck with your 2022 LX600. My next step is to call Lexus USA and ask them questions.