Premium Fuel Vs Plus

With the current price of fuel, :cries: has anyone tried using the plus instead of the premium?? I know the book says you can use regular if premium is not available but I wounder if it could cause any permanent problems with the motor. :unsure: I have an 04 GS300. I also am curious if you have tried it was there a drop in MPG?

Thanks

Bob

Run the octane that is recommended in the owners manual! If you can afford an 04' GS you can afford the recommended fuel. You only use regular in an emergency situation until you can arrive where the required fuel is available.

If you can afford an 04' GS you can afford the recommended fuel.

WELL,

NOT, this again.:chairshot:

There are a LOT, a LOT of posts in this forum about Premium vs. regular.

93LSOwner

Thanks for the info. Was not aware this had been hit before. I paid cash for my 04 and would not have been able to do so if I had not gone through life questioning/comparing cost. If it was just a small performance thing I would not pay the difference. If it reduces my MPG's or could cause problems for the engine then absolutely pay the difference. I wish we had a Lexus engineer or mechanic to ring in.

Thanks again

Philip

I was checking MPGs at each fill-up. I used some reg for a period of time and did not hear any pings or feel anything strange from the engine. I don't drive aggressively. With similar driving conditions, it appears I was losing from 1-2 MPGs. When I did the math (comparing the different MPGs and fuel cost) I found I was only saving around $2 per fill-up. Needless to say I am back to using the premium fuel.

Bob

Hi Bob, I had the same results when I tested regular for a few tanks. I spoke with a friend who bought a '03 LS430. He told me that the sales person informed him that it would be okay to use regular fuel that it would not hurt the engine. To this day I think he still uses regular. Not me I'm back and staying with the high ocatine stuff.