Gas Prices

VMF

i dont know bout you guys but for me its ie becoming to be a problem to fill up the tank of my LS, it costs me 50$! and prices are still going up! last nite it was 2.45$ and this is way above my head. i dont even drive LS now since i can make 4 times more miles on the same amount of gas that LS consumes. what do you guys think bout the prices?

I guess I can consider myslef lucky because I only have to pay $2.07 for Shell(premium-93) gas. These prices are rediculous. Now, I wish I had a Ford deisel becasue diesel is something like $1.65 a gallon!

:cheers:

i dont even drive LS now since i can make 4 times more miles on the same amount of gas that LS consumes.

What kind of mileage are you getting? My 95LS gets 21mpg in the city and 28 out on the highway. :D Not too bad for a V8!

I guess I can consider myslef lucky because I only have to pay $2.07 for Shell(premium-93) gas. These prices are rediculous. Now, I wish I had a Ford deisel becasue diesel is something like $1.65 a gallon!

We have $1.99/gallon for premium octane of 93.

I just saw the diesel price and it was $1.65/gallon.

Aren't some Mercedes Benz ran by diesel????

you guys don't wantto know about the cost of fuel over here in the UK then.

I filled up a day or so ago with Shell 98 RON fuel (Optimax) - £0.869 per lite.

Thats $1.55 a litre - or $5.85 a gallon! :pirate::pirate:  :censored:

One of my uncle lives in Germany and the other in switzerland with there families. And, they said the samething, they were shocked when I told them I bought a V8.

"I feel real bad about you guys though."

Gas prices are insane lately. I fill up my car twice a week at $35. What I’ve noticed in New York as that the gas stations run out of the lowest octane (87) very quickly. It seems a lot of people have stopped buying premium octane and switched to lower.

VMF you should drive through Queens and fill up here, prices on the LIE are at least 10-15 cents cheaper. A gas station by my house is known to be the cheapest in New York City, premium $2.29.

i fill up in jersey most of the time, its really cheap there but still a lot. i used to fill up for 1.30 a gallon less thatn a year ago!

in the mixed citi/highway driving i can get only around 300 miles on the full tank and i'm really not happy bout it, civic is like a blessing when it comes to the fuel economy:)

how do you get 21 mpg city??? & 28 highway???

Really simple! Go EASY on the gas...accelerate slowly. That's the trick. ;) I don't allow my car to rev any higher than 2k rpms in the city(the tranny will catch on to this and alter its shifting points). On the highway, I lock the cruise at about 60-70mph. My ignition has less than 3k miles on it, Michelins aired up to 44psi, and Mobile1 Super Syn. BTW, I can make my car get 16.5 in the city if I'm not careful with the gas; it's all in how you treat that tempting gas pedal. ;)

Gas prices in Virginia Beach

$1.92 regular

$2.02 mid

$2.12 premium

VMF stated a perplxing question. Why are jersey gas prices so much lower than everywhere else. Gas in cheaper in NJ than in Virginia?

Our LS gets 17-18 in city, 23 or 24 on the Hwy.

Aren't some Mercedes Benz ran by diesel????

Yep, the E class(E300 and now E320 CDI) is. I know Volkswagon has a diesel Jetta, Passat, and Beetle(and a diesel Touraeg-sp??- with insane horsepower ratings). I'd love to have a TDI Beetle(kinda girly, but it is soo comfortable) right now; diesel is so much cheaper than gas.

I went test drive a '04 Beetle TDI the other day(just for fun!). That is an awesome little car! You could barely hear the little diesel run...it was actually pretty peppy for 100hp. And, the space inside is incredible; I'm 6'3 and I didn't even slide the seat back as far as it would go! I'm not so sure about VW's reliability which is a turn off to a really nice and extremely comfortable little car.