An Embarrassing Moment

A Honda/Toyota dealership is very possible......in fact I have one in my area that includes Honda/Toyota and other manufacturers also. They call themselves an Auto Mall. ;)

yes, amf1932 is right. Here in Raleigh, NC we have a large group of car dealerships on 1 road called Capital Blvd (US-1). They are all owned by a very rich man named Chris Leith. These dealerships include: "Leith Toyota", "Leith BMW", "Leith Honda", "Leith Lincoln/Mercury", "Leith Mercedes-Benz", "Leith Audi", "Leith Jaguar", and "Leith Volvo".

Gentlemen, the problem may not be the battery at all, but rather a charging system that is not up to par. It may have been fine when the car was gone over by the dealership before you bought it, but that doesn't guarantee that something..the battery...the voltage regulator...the alternator won't go bad the very next day. After all, a used car is just that..a used car. No, you shouldn't have had a problem this soon after buying the car, and the dealer will most likely...if you give him a chance and approach him correctly...correct the problem. One other thing to consider, maybe you left the interior lights on, or a door ajar, which would do the same thing. The battery wore down but left enough to start the car, and your drive to the airport didn't charge it up enough, and your additional load of 35 minutes of radio time finally was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'd give the dealer a chance to check things out before I jumped to conclusions...and strung the guy up. "You get more bees with honey."

yes, amf1932 is right. Here in Raleigh, NC we have a large group of car dealerships on 1 road called Capital Blvd (US-1). They are all owned by a very rich man named Chris Leith. These dealerships include: "Leith Toyota", "Leith BMW", "Leith Honda", "Leith Lincoln/Mercury", "Leith Mercedes-Benz", "Leith Audi", "Leith Jaguar", and "Leith Volvo".

We got that here too,

The largest one is Herb Chambers (if the auto industry makes it, he sells it). He even sells Vespa scooters.

Another guy is named Quirk, same thing, just a different area of the state.

1 owner, many dealerships.

steviej

Gentlemen, the problem may not be the battery at all, but rather a charging system that is not up to par.

dbrutus,

take your car to Autozone and have the alternator load tested for free. See what they say. If it checks out, then it was most likely just an old battery that needed replacing.

steviej

i was havin fun with my comments ofcourse....

yeah i know of plenty auto malls... some independent and some all owned by the same guy.... tell you what .. that guy was verrrrry $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :cries: $$$$$$$$$$$