CLOUD BASED NAVIGATION WITHOUT SUBSRIPTION

eegle

I understand the 2022 and 2023 Lexus will have cloud based navigation.

Does this mean you will pay for navigation after three years and the next owner would pay also?

What nav do you have without subscription?

Thanks for your help.

The Drive Connect subscription is priced at $16 per month, but vehicles equipped with the larger 14-inch display get three years of access included. Vehicles with the smaller 9.8-inch screen do not receive a trial period.

Lexus also offers several other subscription services including an $8/month Safety Connect package with features like automatic crash notifications, collision assistance, and stolen vehicle location, and an $8/month Remote Connect package with features like a digital key, remote start/stop and lock/unlock, and more, managed through the Lexus smartphone app. Both packages are included as three-year trials on all trims before you'll need to start paying.

I talked with a Lexus Fleet Salesman today and he said Lexus is still deciding how this Cloud Base system will work.  I explained what I learned which is the same as what RX400h said, thank you for responding. I still want to know if after three years would the navigation in the car work without the subscription?  He didn't know what direction Lexus was going and would get back to me.

You're welcome, Don. My guess is that it will like Sirius XM - free for a pre-disclosed period of time and then payment required to continue service afterward. Now I believe BMW tried this with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay but received plenty of negative feedback from customers.