2022 IS350 Window Trim - Black?

Pretty Penny

Hey, new to this forum thing, but recently purchased a 2022 IS350 and was wondering if they make black window trim instead of Chrome. I asked Lexus but no one I talked to knew.... which is crazy - so I thought I'd have it wrapped. Thoughts? 

Also, has anyone wrapped the top of their 2022 IS350? I'd love to see pictures. Thinking about doing that as well to set it apart. 

Edited by Pretty Penny
Added information

I've been researching car wraps for a while, possibly for a future body color swap when I eventually get a new car.

Apparently, wraps last about 3 years because if a wrap is left on too long, it may be very difficult to remove it. This is true with many types of tapes, even those with very weak adhesion. So before you have a wrap done, I suggest discussing this with the "wrapper". 

• Like 2

Thanks! I did reach out to a "wrapper". He stated the 3M tape typically lasts 5 years. He said he has only seen a handful of issues in the last 15 years he has been in business. That makes me feel a little better considering I am not wrapping the whole car, only window trim. I am going to get it done next week, I'll post before and after pics.

Tempted to do the roof too.... we shall see 🤪

That's good to know, Lindsey! It is good that your vehicle is so new. "wrappers" don't like to apply wrap on vehicles with chipped or otherwise damaged paint. Apparently, any scratch or chip geometry is magnified by the wrap layer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have an appointment next Monday to have the chrome deleted. I saw the top done black on another is350 different color and I didn't care for the way it looked. I am going to pass on the roof. I will post pics when I get it back next week. 🙂