Tires!

Augustana

What kind of tires do you have on your RX300?? I have a 1999 with Goodyear Integrity that are just about shot and i am starting to shop around. Please add to the discussion with what tires you have and how you like them? Rain? Snow? Noise? Comfort? Thanks in advance!!!

What kind of tires do you have on your RX300?? I have a 1999 with Goodyear Integrity that are just about shot and i am starting to shop around. Please add to the discussion with what tires you have and how you like them? Rain? Snow? Noise? Comfort? Thanks in advance!!!

After considerable research I recently got my Duellers replaced with Yokohama Geolander. The Yokes have been performing above my expecations and I am very happy with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I replaced my factory tires with Kelly Safari tires. They are much like the LTX by Mich....and just about the same price. The vehicle has a bit more road noise than before, but they are holding up well. I have nearly 30K on them so far and they are still in wonderful shape. If you are worried about road noise, don't get them...but they have been great on the occasional snowy & wet days....which was why I got them.

I replaced the Goodyear Integrity's last winter (what a piece of !@#$ tire) They have to be the worst tire in snow and have one of the softest sidewalls that I have ever seen in a tire. Replaced with Yoko. Geolanders what an improvment, makes the Rx feel more surefooted in snow and on wet roads. They have very little road noise, I feel much better with my wife and kids with them over the Goodyears.

Marty

99 RX300 2wd 93k

95 Bmw 525IT 130k

I just had Toyo Proxes TPT's put on my ES and was also considering the MXV4. Based on the reccomendation of the shop and the advice from people here that have had both the Toyos were the best buy. They ride great and are very quiet. No need for SUV tires on the RX.

Main problem with the MXV4 on the RX is they are so incredibly expensive. Probably over $200 each installed, the Toyos are going to be half that.

Sears quoted me $190 a tire installed on my ES, gonna be more on the RX. Look around and read some reviews the MXV4s are overrated. In my research they have about a 50-50 satisfaction rate. They're good tires sure, but WAY WAY overpriced.

Actually I just checked and the MXV4's dont even come in the RX' size anyways...

This is the size chart (the RX is 225/70/16)

http://www.michelinman.com/assets/pdfs/doc...rgymxv4plus.pdf

They don't have the Toyo Proxes in that size either.

You might be happy with the Michelin LTS M/S on that car, I really like those tires for SUVs, very smooth. They're pretty affordable too about $135 a peice installed most places. The Michelin Pilot Cross Terrain is new and supposed to be superb also, they come standard on a lot of the luxury SUVs now.

The Goodyear Eagle LS is a good smooth riding luxury sedan tire (they come on Cadillacs) and is aviliable in the RX' size.

Because of the high sidewall you might not have a choice but to put an SUV tire on it...

Sorry, my mistake. You are correct. Michelin only makes SUV tires in 225/70/16. I have the MXV4s for another vehicle I own and really like them. I guess that explains why Lexus puts the Goodyear Integritys on the RX300s. I'll check out your recommendations when I need tires for my RX300. thanks.

But trust me, you can definately find as good or better tires as the MXV4s for like half the price. They're that rediculously overpriced.

Another good thing about the LTX M/S is that they are very long lasting, I got 110k out of my first set and they could have gone longer.

anybody try going with a slightly larger tire, 235/70/16? I have seen a few rx 300 with this size. i like how the tire fills the wells, but im wondering if the increased height of the tire ( about .55" over the 225/70/16) has a negative effect with handling. any thoughts? Btw, the mich m/s at ltx tire has very good reviews @ 1010tires.com

I have a 2001 Rx AWD. It has 116k miles on it. It came standard with the Goodyear tires. I had them install Michelin LTX before I drove it off the lot. I got 93k miles on that set. I could have gone further but they were starting to crack a little bit for my safety concerns. I put on the same type of tires. I have these tires on my 2004 Toyota 4Runner AWD as well. They are by far the best suv tire on the market.

I replaced the factory rims and tires with BBS 17X7 rims on my RX300. I got Michelin Cross Terrain 235X65X17. I noticed the difference in handling right away.

I will be getting a RX330 with air suspension in a couple of months and I

am planning to get 255X50XR18 TOYO Proxes S/T series. I may have to get

18X8.5 rims for that. My Dealer also recommended that.