Rotors

long time ago when i had to change my braks i didnt really had time to look for performance one so i got an OEM, but back then i said to myself.. next time when those braks ran out i'm going get some nice performance brakes and while i'm at it i also would like to get a cross drill rotors so anyway.. here i am looking for nice setup.. i dont really want to spend $2-$3k for the whole brake setup.. but just a brakes and rotors.. so i made some inqury and i end up from carson toyota with quote

$125 per each rotor and $79 & $69 for front and rear brakes (ROTORA)

i also search eBay and i found rotors for $100 for 2 and up to $400 for 4, basically for $50-$100 per rotor, ofcoures they are not ROTORA..

i dont know nothin about rotors.. but price is just a lot different from $50-$100 and $125,

btw is having cross rotors drill gives you better brakes? they last longer?

also, sometimes if your rotors needs some adjustment, technician usually takes them to special machine and takes a little bit off of them to make them flat, but i heard you cant do that with cross drill rotors.. what the solution here? or those cross drill rotors dont go bad they last you long time?

long time ago when i had to change my braks i didnt really had time to look for performance one so i got an OEM, but back then i said to myself.. next time when those braks ran out i'm going get some nice performance brakes and while i'm at it i also would like to get a cross drill rotors so anyway.. here i am looking for nice setup.. i dont really want to spend $2-$3k for the whole brake setup.. but just a brakes and rotors.. so i made some inqury and i end up from carson toyota with quote

$125 per each rotor and $79 & $69 for front and rear brakes (ROTORA)

i also search eBay and i found rotors for $100 for 2 and up to $400 for 4, basically for $50-$100 per rotor, ofcoures they are not ROTORA..

i dont know nothin about rotors.. but price is just a lot different from $50-$100 and $125,

btw is having cross rotors drill gives you better brakes? they last longer?

also, sometimes if your rotors needs some adjustment, technician usually takes them to special machine and takes a little bit off of them to make them flat, but i heard you cant do that with cross drill rotors.. what the solution here? or those cross drill rotors dont go bad they last you long time?

I have a 94 GS300. I just finished my brake job and got all trhe parts from e-bay stores. The rotors were drilled and slotted, front and rear. all 4 rotors cost $175.00, and that included shipping. The pads for all 4 wheels were $98.00 shipping included. I bought the ceramic pads, but maybe should have gotten the less expensive ($74.00 for all) Metal Master pads. The ceramic ones are not quite worn in, but there seems to be some dust. I installed them myself in about 45 minutes.

Hey jv-I am about to put new rear rotors and pads on this weekend. I have new rotors for the front also, but am waiting until the current fronts wear out. They are drilled and slotted and zinc plated. Any tips/pitfalls to avoid on installing new rotors front or rear (or pads?). I am keeping the front pads (they are newer OEM type pads). Thanks!

Hey jv-I am about to put new rear rotors and pads on this weekend. I have new rotors for the front also, but am waiting until the current fronts wear out. They are drilled and slotted and zinc plated. Any tips/pitfalls to avoid on installing new rotors front or rear (or pads?). I am keeping the front pads (they are newer OEM type pads). Thanks!

The rotors on the 94 have two threaded holes in them that take an 8mm bolt. I used a half inch long one. The purpose for this is to break the rotor loose so that it will just fall off in your lap. Just screw them in and it will break them loose. Simple. I used the ceramic pads, they were more expensive. They create a lot of dust. I think I should have used the Metal Master Pads, they are more gabby but I think they are cleaner. Not sure. Just a theory. Maybe someone out ther can give us some insight on cleaner pads with slotted and drilled rotors. The trick I learned is the 8mm bolt thing. Good luck, but you won't need any.

John :cheers: