Air Flow Filter

Jungle

My dealership is telling me that I need a new airflow filter. (Codes 24 and 31). Check eng light is on with cutout at low RPM. Over 1000$ just for the part. Anyone have any experience with this part or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

It's the 3"x4" black plastic piece that sits on top of the air intake tubing about 1 ft before the air filter. It has an electrical line connected to the side. When you remove the 3 screws and pop it off, it has a cylindrical sensor that hangs in the tubing. Is that the MAF?

oh ok i gotcha now...yeah thats thats the air flow assemble, that connects the maf with the inside of the duct.

it has the wire mesh screen in there. right?

yes that "electrical wire" that is off to the side is the maf sensor, thats probably the problem in itself

that seems like an awful high price to replace that, there is virutally no labor involved....don't even know why you would have to replace the whole assemble, and not just the maf sensor....i would try to call around to salvage yards and see if you can find one off of a wrecked LS...

Just came back from the dealership. Popped code 31. Airflow sensor (meter) is apparently bad. 1100$ for the part. Checking some salvage yards ASAP. Anyone else have any insight or advice?

FYI. ECU tec parts out of Orlando was helpful in finding my part. Worth trying them if you need any electronic components. 1-877-312-8832.

Thanks to all that provided info to me.