+ 0 tire size upgrade

I have made my purchase....a 2020 Lexus ES 350 'premium' with the factory 215 55 17 tires size.

I would like to safely '+0' the tires on the same OE wheels.

From my research & experience (keep them within 3% & you are good).

From what I have researched....I can safely move from a 215 55 17 tire to a 225 55 17 tire. Looks like a 1.6% difference overall.

Can anyone please confirm this or suggest a different tire size I should research?

Much appreciated everyone!

A more typical "plus zero" alternative would be 235/50-17 which would be a -0.22% diameter change.  That, however, might make your car feel and be more sluggish.

Why are you considering 225/55-17 tires?  I could see doing that if the OEM size wasn't available and the current tires were shot.

1990....I am just exploring options vs. the stock size tires.

I just might stick with the 215 55 17 tire size...the car has only 11,000 miles on it, however I would like to upgrade the existing Michelins to a more 'sportier' set of shoes (yes I am aware that the ES is not a sports sedan).  I only put about 5k miles a year on my car.  I am thinking of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4's.