Resonators

I just had my mufflers installled and it did not make much of a difference, it is very deep sounding at 1 1/2 rpm's. The muffler guy said I had resonators. do I have to take them out?

Thanks

In my opinion, that's really up to you, and what you want. Maybe you should have two small pipes made to replace the resonators (maybe cost $50) and take them out. If you don't like them, just throw them back in. I've always thought that exhaust systems sound better with Resonators, but that's me.

In my opinion, that's really up to you, and what you want. Maybe you should have two small pipes made to replace the resonators (maybe cost $50) and take them out. If you don't like them, just throw them back in. I've always thought that exhaust systems sound better with Resonators, but that's me.

The sound is exactly what I wanted, I just wish it wasn't only at 1500 rpms. when I rev it, it sounds stock. If I take out the resonators, will it be too loud inside?

had my resonators taken out but left the mufflers. it literally sounds liek an american muscle. many people asked if i had flows. so to answer your question as to whether it will be louder, yes. in my case...the stock muffler sounded 3-4 times louder.

had my resonators taken out but left the mufflers. it literally sounds liek an american muscle. many people asked if i had flows. so to answer your question as to whether it will be louder, yes. in my case...the stock muffler sounded 3-4 times louder.

how was the interior sound?

Hey BlackSC

I noticed u said you took out the resonators out of your stock mufflers/exhaust....is this correct? If so how much did u pay and does it sound nice?

Im thinking, if u can take the resonators out of our stock mufflers so they can sound louder maybe all I will need is to cut off the stock tips in addition to that and I will be rolling with a new exhaust B)

with the resonators off, it sounds exactly stock but much louder. you WILL set off alarms. like normal, you will not hear a thing when idleing and cabin noise doesnt seem bad especially with rolled up windows. i paid 40 bucks.