"maintenance Required" Light

Not sure, but maybe if you reset the ECU it will go out. Just disconnect the negative battery terminal for about half an hour. Then reconnect, wait 10 minutes and then start the engine.

I think there are instructions in the manual in the emissions control section.

I read the manual in the emissions control section but didn't see anything about it....i called lexus and they wouldn't tell me how to turn it off.. they said i have to take my car to the dealership so they can do a check up and will turn it off for me... .. i just reseted the ECU... the light went off... cool.. thanks a lot bartkat...

• 2 weeks later...

guys that lamp is telling you there is a failure not just maintenance and if it came back so soon there is definately an issue, take it in and have it diagnosed. I work for a local nissan dealership as a service advisor. the nissans all have this light.

now there are a few different lights. "service engine soon" "maintenance required"

"check engine" "or the orange/red engine picture" are some examples most tell you there is an emissions failure not that normal oil changes etc need to be done. each is different but by the sound of it you need more than just a reset. have it checked at least then repair it yourself if possible. feel free to email me with ?'s i am just learning about my is300 have only had it 3 weeks but could put some calls in to the local lexus here and possibly get ahold of a tech and get some answers but you will need to supply me with the fault code that is triggering the lamp.

my work email is: jim.currier@stevenscreeknissan.com good luck :unsure: