Missing Roof Rack?

cc///m3

My Dad picked up a 99 RX300, but it doesn't have a roof rack. More specifically, it has the rails that run from front to back, but not the bars that run from left to right.

Were these bars standard? Where can I get replacements, and about how much would they run? Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...
Personally, I think the RX300 looks much better without the roof rack and with a rear spoiler instead. It makes the car appear longer and more streamline.

Agree about roof rack. I only have it on when I need to attach ski rack. Adding the rear spoiler did make a substantil (good) change in appearance.

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree that my RX300 Looks better without the racks. I took mine off because I never use it. After I took mine off, I notice that there was less wind noise when I travel like 50mph or more

I don't think it says anything in the manual. I tried to look for it but couldn't. Anyways, it's really simple to remove. Here I'll Show you how. Just be glad that I had a day off from work so i had some spare time to do this.

1. Locate the Screws on the rack and then loosen them completely. Do this to both sides of the rack and on both of the racks.

pic01.jpg

2. Once you have the screws to both sides of the rack loosen, on the back roof, there is an opening. Slide the rack to the back of the car to that opening and then lift up the rack. Be sure that the screws are complete loosen.

pic02.jpg

3. After you have lift up and removed the rack. You will see a metal piece that looks like this on each side of the rack. Slide that piece of metal to the opening and remove it. I suggest that you place these metal pieces in a sandwhich bag and tape the bag onto the rack when you store the racks.

pic03.jpg