Silly Question?

catt14

I'm new to this site today and was hoping someone could help me out with this. We recently purchases a 1992 LS400. It has high miles..210,000 but runs and rides beautifully. Had it checked out at Toyota service center before purchase and they said it was in excellent condition for its age and miles. Purchase price was $5500. Maybe too high?...but still very happy with it.

Now to my question. The car had nearly a full tank of gas when purchased but now needs a fill-up. Owners manual says premium fuel with octane level of 96 but highest octane level I've seen at the pumps here is 92. I have no choice but to use this fuel but was wondering if it will hurt the engine. Is there some sort of additive that should be used, or will this be ok?

Any replies are much appreciated.

welcome :)

just use the best you can find......ie i use 93, thats the best i have around here

a fuel additive or octane booster isn't necessary..

if you want more info on the subject just do a quick search at the bottom of the page and put in gas or octane or best gas...searches of that nature will pull up many past posts. ;)