1992 SC300 No Power to outside mirrors and radio

My mirrors and radio quit working at the same time. All fuses have been checked. The connection at the mirror switch looks good. Does the mirror ECU also control the radio? Appreciate feedback from anyone who has experienced this problem. 

Its unlikely (but not impossible if a common earth has broken) for the circuits to be linked unless carrying the same fuse power supply.

Maybe recheck the fuses with a multimeter or swap into another circuit to see if this is affected....sometimes difficult to see a hairline fracture of a fuse link

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, Joseph Welsh said:

My mirrors and radio quit working at the same time. All fuses have been checked. The connection at the mirror switch looks good. Does the mirror ECU also control the radio? Appreciate feedback from anyone who has experienced this problem. 

no they are not connected unless there has been some type of mickey mousing done to your car but if you are trying to find where the power window ecu is it is under your dash and it is in there like DEEP, as far as I have know there isn't really any replacement for it so you might just have to get it rebuilt but upon the radio it might just be time to upgrade to a new unit maybe a double din. I did that and did all of the wiring myself, just check to make sure which system you have before you start the progress. If you plan on adding a sub just know with the gas tank placed where it is if you put your sub on your decklid there will need to be a spacer plate made so it will not interfere with the reading of your gas sending unit. hope this helps