Might be back in the Lexus fold...

Hello fellow Lexus members!.....very long time since I have been here & it is awesome to be back! 

I am considering a 2019 Lexus ES 350 with the 'Ultra Luxury' package....with only 35,000 Km's (21,700 miles); one owner with service history (non Lexus CPO). But still has 1 full year of bumper to bumper warranty, pluse the balance of the powertrain warranty. 

I am going to the dealer tomorrow (about an hour out of town) to inspect & test drive the vehicle with my better half. 

I have some questions for those who own this model...

What should I be paying very close attention to (I have read that there are possibly issues with the 8 speed automatic...is there anything else I should have my eyes peeled for?

Speaking of the 8-speed automatic specifically, can anyone confirm if this tranny has a transmission filter when performing a transmission fluid change?  If so, how difficult is it to replace the filter when performing this service?  IE: does the transmission have to be taken apart to access the filter? 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone! 

• Like 1

Hi Lexusfreak.....great to have you back in the club!

If the car drives fine and you cannot find any issues then I would jump at it but would be worth asking the dealer to change the trans fluid and filter as a goodwill gesture if agreed sticker price paid, at least then you will have peace-of-mind on that front.

Let us know how it goes 

• Thanks 1

For the last 10 years, I have owned a rare 2012 Dodge Charger 'Blacktop' edition with the 300 hp V6 * 8-speed automatic (only 52,000 miles)...fully loaded (bought it out of the showroom brand new).  

The car I went to see was decent, however all 4 wheels has severe curb rash & cosmetic issues....I parked mine beside it & just shook my head as my 10 year old Dodge was in far better shape than this 2019.

The ES drove nice & I had high hopes....but this unit was not from a Lexus dealer & certainly not Lexus CPO....at least here in Ontario....due to the supply chain issues...off make dealers are buying 'used' cars at auctions & what ever rock where they can find some sort of product & charging full pop for it.  If I had a dollar for every time the sales manager said to us that it was the 'ultra luxury package' I would have been able to take the Wife out for a premium steak dinner LOL.

This one was a no go....but I am still actively looking for 'my' Lexus....I will know it when I see / drive it.

I think patience is will be my friend / asset...

Edited by Lexusfreak
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Purchase has been made!...I could not turn down the deal I got & the actual ES...2020 ES 350 'premium' with only 11k miles in Nebula Grey Pearl (windows are already tinted)....over 2 years of full factory warranty remaining; 1 owner, full service history & Lexus CPO.  Our 'premium package' in Canada is equipped quite differently than our friends south of the border....with more features / standard equipment.

Originally I wanted the UL package....but in these parts, they are very rare (I reached out to 17 Lexus dealers in a 400 mile radius of me...the UL units that are available are 5 to 6 k more & only about 20% are actually at Lexus dealers...the premium pkg checks 95% of the boxes I was looking for....as the expression goes 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth'.

I literally have a 6 minute drive to work...

I pick the car up this Saturday. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Lexusfreak said:

I literally have a 6 minute drive to work...

I pick the car up this Saturday. 

Caution: That short of a drive may not be enough to allow all engine oil moisture to be removed, and for your battery to stay fully charged. Perhaps if you take the car for longer trips on the weekend, you'll be okay.

3 hours ago, RX400h said:

Caution: That short of a drive may not be enough to allow all engine oil moisture to be removed, and for your battery to stay fully charged. Perhaps if you take the car for longer trips on the weekend, you'll be okay.

Absolutely RX!  Not to worry, I am doing many things even before I pick up the vehicle....including upgrading to an AGM battery.  I have spend $1,500+ so far on parts / fluids & accessories to make it 'mine'.  

I will 'stretch her legs' a few times per week. 

:cheers:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dcfish said:

Congrats on the purchase, Pictures please  🙂

Glad to speak with you again DC!!  Pics will be coming...a few personalized things I need to do to the car beforehand & I will share.

:cheers: 

• Like 1