Rx330 Setting The Autolock/unlock

ykim428

I just bought a '04 RX330 2 weeks ago. I tried to change autolock/unlock function, but I get no change.

Right now it is set to Locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the P position.

I wanna change it to "Unlocking linked with the shift position". So, All the doors are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to P position

This is what I got from manual.

1. Close all doors

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position

3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, Push and hold the REAR of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the P position.

I followed these steps, but I get no change at ALL...

What am I supposed to do????

Thanks in advance....

Keep trying. This one took me several attempts to make it happen. I kept trying shorter and longer times until I got it right. The car seems to be really picky about holding the switch exactly 5 seconds during the procedure.

Good luck.

Guest dms666

I had heard somewhere that the manual is incorrect and that the procedure wouldn't work. Obviously, if someone managed to get it to work as specified, then I could very well be misinformed.

I had this change made (via CBEST settings) by the dealer when I had the vehicle in for a scheduled checkup.

I finally had success today setting the auto unlock feature off. I didn't really want that on for my wife. I actually forgot to take the vehicle out of Park, and just held the lock button for about five seconds after I started the RX. The lock button cycled on and off after I let go, and then it was programmed.

Now, to set the autolock to 12 mph rather than when I shift out of Park...

• 9 months later...
I finally had success today setting the auto unlock feature off.  I didn't really want that on for my wife.  I actually forgot to take the vehicle out of Park, and just held the lock button for about five seconds after I started the RX.  The lock button cycled on and off after I let go, and then it was programmed.

Now, to set the autolock to 12 mph rather than when I shift out of Park...

Can this be done on an 2001 also?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.. i found this older post... and i'm wonder if this can be done:

can i have it set so that it locks when it reaches 12mph AND have it unlocked when i shift into park?

or maybe have it locked when shifting out of park AND locked when shifting into park?

thanks!

can i have it set so that it locks when it reaches 12mph AND have it unlocked when i shift into park?

or maybe have it locked when shifting out of park AND locked when shifting into park?

thanks!

As I understand it, the short answer to your question it yes.

My current set-up is unlock when shifting into park, and lock when shifting out of park. I intend to change the locking to wait until 12MPH. My interpretation of the manual (and my personal experience) seems to suggest that the unlock and lock modes are separate and distinct settings.

And yes, it took me several tries to get the change to "take." The sensitivity to 5 and 10 seconds is quite high. I eventually used a digital countdown timer to get it right...

thanks!

As I understand it, the short answer to your question it yes.

My current set-up is unlock when shifting into park, and lock when shifting out of park. I intend to change the locking to wait until 12MPH. My interpretation of the manual (and my personal experience) seems to suggest that the unlock and lock modes are separate and distinct settings.

And yes, it took me several tries to get the change to "take." The sensitivity to 5 and 10 seconds is quite high. I eventually used a digital countdown timer to get it right...

thanks sakaike... i'll try it tonight... i just haven't had luck with it yet... and i guess i thought by switching it to the "unlock when shifting into park", it will erase the "lock when shifting out of park" setting.