Is300 Navigation Someone Help Me Please

Ok guys just discovered this website, and I lvoe it, my name is Marcus...just turned 17 live in NY love the Lexus IS300 Its a beautiful car...as long as i stay on the honor roll in HS senior year my dad is gonna get me my Lexus IS300 no heres the question....first off...anything with electronics is easy for me to obtain my brothers best friend own an Audio/ELectronics shop in Brooklyn (Stereo Express) so installiation....and obtaining the electronics, or anything for my car will be cheap..now I love the IS300 but I dont think the one im getting has the navigation system :-( I told my brothers friend (Brian) I was getting a Lex IS300...so of course he knows us West Indian people love video systems in out cars so he has this device thingie that uses the stock navigation system but will allow me to plug in a DVD player or XBOX or whatever and use it on the stock nav screen...if y ou guys want to know more about it, IM me at GriffJr89@aol.com ill be glad to send you the website. The product works 100% for the IS300 but what I wanted to know is if my IS300 doesnt have a Nav, could i go to the dealership or someone and ask them for it...of course i iwll have to pay for it but I want the stock because it hides down in the console so basically I want to know if it is possible to obtain a stock Navigation system for a IS300 that doesnt have the nav already installed....any feedback is welcome thanks guys and be safe...(sorry for the eaasy)

• 2 weeks later...
by the way... the product that you can buy if you want to play XBOX or connect an DVD player to your stock IS300 nav screen is avaliable at..

Vidieo-Nav

sorry if you guys know about this already but jus tryin to help out

Thank you for posting this site. If you look through all of the Lexus model fourms you will see that every one has a question like this. So that said i will now refer this web site when going over the fourms about this topic. :D :D :D :cheers:

NO... You can not install a nav system on a car with out it. On an IS these are what you need to replace:

nav ecu about $1,000.00

nav antena

nav screen w/motors about $3,000.00

nav switchs

dash wire harness

right cabin harness

trunck harness

dash tray

center counsel

You get the idea...

Prices are not exact

I know this because I am a lexus technician. I would get this question all the the time. Also Is300 w navi come with heated seats and lether interior.

Any questions let me know

yah anything is possible but for the price it would be better to sell the car and buy another one with nav

or buy a whole aftermarket system with add on nav

only car that is plug and play for nav ius the mercedes ml series they are already prewired somehow except the antenna

so just a new deck with a screen and away you go

Ok guys just discovered this website, and I lvoe it, my name is Marcus...just turned 17 live in NY love the Lexus IS300 Its a beautiful car...as long as i stay on the honor roll in HS senior year my dad is gonna get me my Lexus IS300 no heres the question....first off...anything with electronics is easy for me to obtain my brothers best friend own an Audio/ELectronics shop in Brooklyn (Stereo Express) so installiation....and obtaining the electronics, or anything for my car will be cheap..now I love the IS300 but I dont think the one im getting has the navigation system :-( I told my brothers friend (Brian) I was getting a Lex IS300...so of course he knows us West Indian people love video systems in out cars so he has this device thingie that uses the stock navigation system but will allow me to plug in a DVD player or XBOX or whatever and use it on the stock nav screen...if y ou guys want to know more about it, IM me at GriffJr89@aol.com ill be glad to send you the website. The product works 100% for the IS300 but what I wanted to know is if my IS300 doesnt have a Nav, could i go to the dealership or someone and ask them for it...of course i iwll have to pay for it but I want the stock because it hides down in the console so basically I want to know if it is possible to obtain a stock Navigation system for a IS300 that doesnt have the nav already installed....any feedback is welcome thanks guys and be safe...(sorry for the eaasy)

If you are going to put some type of stereo system in the IS, you should just go with the aftermarket NAV system. The factory nav is not better then an aftermarket. However, the factory nav has extra features like the service screen. I have a 2001 GS 430 with the Alpine Nav system and i also have a 2003 LX470 with the factory NAV. My wife feels that the Alpine NAV is more correct then that od the factory system. And if you do go with the factory nav just go the the site that TriniIS300 posted. i have looked over that site and it seems to be a good idea with factory nav in mind.

• 4 weeks later...

i can get you the complete -full instructions included antenea hard drive etc...etc... for your is lexus wants about $7000 for this i am sure that the nav system that you need is available for about $2000 give or take contact me at dabaysidejill01@att.net if interested

• 1 year later...

RxVedub how do you start the navigation system? Do you have an owners manual?

NO... You can not install a nav system on a car with out it. On an IS these are what you need to replace:

nav ecu      about $1,000.00

nav antena 

nav screen w/motors    about $3,000.00

nav switchs 

dash wire harness 

right cabin harness 

trunck harness

dash tray

center counsel 

You get the idea...

Prices are not exact

I know this because I am a lexus technician. I would get this question all the the time. Also Is300 w navi come with heated seats and lether interior.

Any questions let me know

• 9 years later...

I Just ran across this thread...Ancient for sure...The answer is that one CAN install an OEM navigation system in a non-nav car. I have been doing just that for 15 years and counting :)