Electric everything

Desert man

An attempt was made to remove an aftermarket and aftermarket remote start alarm system now now no AC no windshield wipers no power windows no gauges to reconnect connections but nothing works fuses are all good underhood and inside car it's really hot need AC bad desperate please help

If you are 100% certain that the wires are connected properly then you might have burned out a fusible link. They are marked with the rated amps and are color-coded like a fuse but are much higher amperage and protect multiple components. Typically, you find them in the main fuse/relay box under the hood. 

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE REPLACING

Image result for Male Fusible Link. Size: 176 x 170. Source: www.walmart.com

All fuses are good under the hood and inside the car I just don't know what wires connect to each other because aftermarket alarm remote start they tapped into certain wires hot I'm assuming or positive I should say but confused at what wires connect to each other because there's no color coding I not sure or how do I test the wire that's hot and no what it goes to for example I put probe into a splice and the trunk opened I don't have a problem with the trunk is there some way that I will be able to tell what the wire goes to like what they tapped into that wire goes to something do I need wiring diagram which to me is not a great help because they marked them in letters like HTP or lto or something like that thanks for your reply any help would be greatly appreciated

I used to install alarms back in the day and you would simply cut a specified wire and connect the two ends to the color coded wire on the alarm. Simply put, when you cut the wire and later remove the alarm, you should be able to find both ends that are the same color and splice them. Since you don't see individual colors, how many wires do you see? Have you checked into purchasing a Chiltons or Haynes repair manual with wiring diagrams?

Understand what you are saying I can see red to red etc but what I'm uncertain about is how would the alarm affect my air conditioning I windshield wipers gauges etc to not work and must be another problem somewhere and I don't know what to look for this just suddenly happened when tried to disconnect the alarm before is there some kind of relay thats been affected

When I stop being stupid it's the heat I will just put back together all the wires that had been sliced red green polka dots to green with polka dots etc and hopefully that will fix everything I can wire a whole entire house I guess because there's only four colors of wires black white red and green three ways four ways no problem but for some reason I get dumbfounded with all  these wires I'm laughing at myself I hope this solves a problem wish me luck

You might want to consider taking your car to an Auto Electric shop. They are experts with auto wiring. I've used them a few times when the cause of some issues was not readily apparent.

It's a sign of the times...but top notch auto electric shops are all but extinct today. The ones that are still around and have experienced techs still need vehicle specific wiring diagrams or car brand specific scan tools. It's really a matter of finding a tech that doesn't just want to throw parts at the problem and walk away when it gets too difficult. This is why the best place to take a vehicle with technical or diagnostic problems is to your dealer. I'm not against the aftermarket or private garages either. In fact, for twenty years I worked as an auto tech and also managed numerous aftermarket parts stores.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:37 AM, THEBARTMAN said:

It's a sign of the times...but top notch auto electric shops are all but extinct today. The ones that are still around and have experienced techs still need vehicle specific wiring diagrams or car brand specific scan tools. It's really a matter of finding a tech that doesn't just want to throw parts at the problem and walk away when it gets too difficult. This is why the best place to take a vehicle with technical or diagnostic problems is to your dealer. I'm not against the aftermarket or private garages either. In fact, for twenty years I worked as an auto tech and also managed numerous aftermarket parts stores.

There are at least two auto-electric shops in the San Diego area. Here's one that I have used:
Welcome to Pacific Auto Electric | Best Car Repair Shop | Poway

A quick search for auto-electric shops brought up many of them throughout the US, so they are far from dead. 

5 minutes ago, RX400h said:

There are at least two auto-electric shops in the San Diego area. Here's one that I have used:
Welcome to Pacific Auto Electric | Best Car Repair Shop | Poway

A quick search for auto-electric shops brought up many of them throughout the US, so they are far from dead. 

Ok...

I wasn't challenging you or anyone else to find a repair shop with auto electric in their name. I'm not implying that all the electrical shops have disappeared and I described them as "all but extinct" because their capabilities have been significantly diminished. The point is that a modern day vehicle has around 1-2 miles of wire and a multitude of computers, sensors and switches. It's very unlikely that the aftermarket shops and technicians are able to stay up to date with the factory training or have scan tools with the technology of the "Techstream" which is the necessary diagnostic scan tool at your Lexus service center. The typical auto electric shop today does mostly routine maintenance or specializes in vintage cars. There are still some very skilled techs working in these private shops and when given a wiring diagram and a Fluke 88 are able to fix a number of issues. But let's face that fact that it's a dying industry and your OEMS like Toyota, Tesla, and many others have proprietary software that's not accessible to Joe's auto electric. 

The Motor Vehicle Owners' Right to Repair Act, sometimes also referred to as Right to Repair, is a name for several related proposed bills in the United States Congress and several state legislatures which would require automobile manufacturers to provide the same information to independent repair shops as they do for dealer shops. 
 Yes, some of the diagnostic tools are expensive but I believe the car in question is a 1998 ES300 - not exactly a Tesla.

2 hours ago, RX400h said:

The Motor Vehicle Owners' Right to Repair Act, sometimes also referred to as Right to Repair, is a name for several related proposed bills in the United States Congress and several state legislatures which would require automobile manufacturers to provide the same information to independent repair shops as they do for dealer shops. 
 Yes, some of the diagnostic tools are expensive but I believe the car in question is a 1998 ES300 - not exactly a Tesla.

This was never about right to repair but since you brought it up...try getting a key programmed, ECU updates downloaded, or other PROPRIETARY functions programmed outside of the dealership. Yes, even in 1998 many of these functions were already in place, like engine/ignition immobilizers that require the correct scan tool.

You may have never heard a dealership service advisor tell you that they will not touch aftermarket installations, especially those involving electrical/electronic devices.
I had my own-designed catch can and an aftermarket air intake filter installed in my 2001 Corvette. The dealership wouldn't touch it in that condition so I swapped out the filter with the OEM one and removed the oil catch can before having anything else serviced.

My point here is that the dealership may not want to touch Desert Man's ES, so his best bet may very well be an auto-electric expert. 

• Like 1