Use of TireJect

coppens1

Dear Fellow Lexus Owners, having had frequent and continuous leaking from the rims of my alloy wheels, I am interested if anyone has used Tireject  or Slime to repair the leaks.  JC

• 2 weeks later...

I am a massive Slime fan....have used it for years in Motorbikes, Cars, Campers and never had a puncture (that I know of).

The only downside is it can lead to some dynamic wheel imbalance and also slight corrosion to the alloy rims but nothing that cannot be sealed by the Slime

Dear Trevor, thanks for the info.  I have been able to get info on TireJect, but not on Slime.  Slime is about half the price of TireJect.  JC

• Like 1

Lexus Owners Club
This post was recognized by Lexus Owners Club!

Bykfixer was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 25 points.

I used to use Slime in my bmx bicycle tires but noted there were times it would spit back into the valve stem and cause the leak to be the valve stem itself. 

Once my son ran over a glass bottle that put a small slice in the tire. We used 3 of those rubber plugs side by side but they leaked slightly. Added a can of fix-a-flat, drove it around the block to spread it around and it sealed the leak until he could get to a tire store a few days later. 

The fix-a-flat actually hardens and becomes a putty like sunbstance like Elmers glue where the Slime stays liquid albeit a very thick liquid but if the car sits a lot it can puddle causing that imbalance thing until it spreads out again through centrifugal force. (or is it centrifical? I can never keep those 2 straight)

Don't know about tireject. But sometimes a simple remount of the tires to reseal them can solve the problem. 

• Like 1