Do Not Buy Gas May 19th

Theodore

Ive been getting emails, and theres much talk in the New york area everyone is going to protest on May 19th not to buy gas that one day. I dont know the prices everywhere else, but New York is now 2.35 a gallon and rising. For us gas guzzlers we need to be part of this. Just one day this is a big protest so u wont be the only ones.

ps i have the emails with links on the 9/11 foundation who is doing this protest.

Sure as hell ain't oil, spite what they may try to say, we have enough oil in the ground of Alaska, Oklahoma, and Texas alone to fuel the US for longer than we will live. Gas prices are such balderdash right now.

as a contry we buy the most oil then any other contry. Now from the buisness aspect the more you buy the cheaper the price correct. why are we buying 3 times or 5 times more than other contrys and paying 3 to 5 times more?

Close to 80% of the oil that comes out of Alaska goes to Japan. The reason gas prices are getting so high (or so they say) has nothing to do with the price of oil. It has to do with Insurance companies. Oil companies need insurance, and because of all the recent uprisings in Iraq against the US, Oil workers, Tankers ect. Insurance companies have begun raising insurance premiums to astronomical rates. Oil companies are making US pay for that insurance rise, in their gas prices.

There is no real way to solve this problem, (In Iraq) seeing as the more tankers that get attacked, the higher insurance goes. What we NEED to do is raise prices of oil on Japan, or atleast not send as much, that will help relieve the strain on our own economy, or so I feel. [sarcasm]All you really need is one good look at things like this, it just goes to show how much the current administration really cares about OUR economy.[/sarcasm] Too bad it isn't as much as they do playing cowboys and indians.

They pay at least 2$ a liter in Europe for gas. Maybe our excess is catching up with us. I got that May 19th, don't buy gas spam mail. I would like to see everyone not buy gas that day. It would show the ability of the people to coordinate and demonstrate. I'll be really suprised if no one buys gas that day. It's just not realistic.

They say one day of us not buying gas would hit the industry for 4.6 billion or something like that and bring them to a grinding halt in the e-mail. That's just not realistic either. The fact of the matter is, we are going to pay more for gas. I wish the effort people put in to all this would be put in to other areas of the United States and their own jobs even. This place might be better for it.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh, I won't buy gas May 19 though. But I'm sure my neighbors will. What would be a much better demonstration is if no one drove May 19th. But we won't see that. If everyone just stayed home, or wherever they were for 24 hours. No deliveries, no deadlines met, no real estate deals, no factory production, no airplane flights, no taxi rides, no pizza deliveries, no car racing, no 4 wheeling....... Walk, bicycle, run, play sports - just chill. Call in sick - walk to the beach - do yardwork yaddda yaddddda yaddda

That would cost money. But still, the only hit is on the Americn GDP wich only hurts ourselves. Not OPEC. There are severe economic factors in play. Anyone who wants to beat it has to understand it. I don't think anyone truly understands it. It's like mother nature. It's all good till you get slammed with a tornado. This is the equivalent economic *BLEEP* storm.

im in, there sending my !Removed! to iraq and i dont even know why were they, i kno more about cars then this stuff sadly. but anything to protest anything involving this war and the money i spend on my car, im in for sure

I tend to agree not buying gas for one day, is just going to make the gas stations twice as busy on the next day. If you really want to protest it, the only thing you can really use is to drive less thus consume less gas, it's asupply and demand game, or so they say. Cut back the demand. May not hurt to send an email to local state reps either, thay are, or at least should be you voive in government.

This idea is really beginning to gain momentum. I was driving in to work today and all radio stations were advising their listeners in New York not buy any gas on Wednesday. The only problem with this in my view is we'll have ridiculously long lines at the pumps Thursday morning.

Well,

May 19th is over. How about aftermath. I see that a lot, a lot, a lot of people didn't get the message or didn't believe in the game. Because, I saw just as many vehicles in the gas station coming in and out as on a regular day.

If premium gas goes up so much that it becomes $.80/liter than my Lexus is going to see a lot of regular . :(

Your right steviej gas still went up.

I am so glad that i know how to pump my own gas cause i still see them poor slugs out there using full service. :o

I know that it's not that much more, but every cent counts right now and i know i would not want to pay that extra just to let someone else pump my gas. My husband used to tell me all the time let them pump your gas for you. He don't say that no more.