Tranny Swap

how difficult would it be to swap a 5-speed manual for an auto on a SC300? i currently have an auto and i want to turbo it and modify it but im not going to bother unless it has a manual tranny. id be willing to do some minor chassis mods but i would think it would almost fit right in to keep manufacturering and assembly costs to a minimum.

i could probably figure out for myself but im away at school and i dont have the proper tools and i dont feel like climbing under my car in a parking lot to check things out.

i hear the most difficult thing is to cut a hole in the firewall for the clutch master and line things up there, also you need to make the shifter hole bigger. and another hard thing to do is find all of the parts or come up with the money, but the last one depends on the person :D but other than that i hear its preatty straight foreward, and can be done in a good weekend. one of the members here did it recently after his auto tranny blew(i think)

im pretty sure i can manage cutting those holes with a cut torch, the only thing im concerned about is forking out the cash for a new tranny. im hoping someone would be willing to swap or deduct the price of a manual with a trade for my auto.

wow! a cut torch might be a bit overkill. try a hole saw and maybe a 90 degree adapter. trannies go for about a grand depending where you look. you should ask around some supra forums because they upgrade to the 6 speed from the 5 speed.