Hi. I’m new to the forum.  Is this the right place to post questions about the new 2022 NX350h?  If not, please let me know.  

I’ve had mine for 1 month and we really like it.  It’s the luxury package so we’re still working through all of the features (digital mirror, giant display screen, wireless Apple Car Play vs the built in GPS, Advanced Park, new door handles, etc.).  So far, it’s very intuitive.  

The only potential issue we have is around the actual miles per gallon we’re getting.  The spec is 39 hwy / 41 city for the hybrid.  With 7 miles on it, we drove away from the dealer and it displayed 26 mpg.  Slowly, over the next 4 weeks and after 2200 miles it has inched its way up to 34.1 mpg but seems to be plateauing at that number.  Strangely, the average mpg isn’t able to reset or set for a “trip” mode (dealer verified this) like a lot of cars.  So, while 34.1 isn’t bad, it’s not what we paid for when we purchased a hybrid.  Any similar experiences?

thx

OP

Welcome to the forum. By comparison, the 2022 NX300's EPA rating is 22 city, 28 highway and 25 average.
Keep in mind is that few owners mimic the EPA driving cycle, very closely.

Our 2006 RX400h was rated at 33 city and 28 highway, and we achieved an average of 24-27 MPG. At the time, the non-hybrid version was the RX330 with a rated mileage of 19 city and 25 highway. According to fuelly.com, Based on data from 41 vehicles, 1,199 fuel-ups and 299,323 miles of driving, the 2006 Lexus RX330 gets a combined Avg MPG of 17.78 with a 0.21 MPG margin of error.

As you can see, the difference between hybrid and non-hybrid in both cases is fairly significant, even though they don't match the EPA numbers..

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 4:33 PM, OPorz said:

Hi. I’m new to the forum.  Is this the right place to post questions about the new 2022 NX350h?  If not, please let me know.  

I’ve had mine for 1 month and we really like it.  It’s the luxury package so we’re still working through all of the features (digital mirror, giant display screen, wireless Apple Car Play vs the built in GPS, Advanced Park, new door handles, etc.).  So far, it’s very intuitive.  

The only potential issue we have is around the actual miles per gallon we’re getting.  The spec is 39 hwy / 41 city for the hybrid.  With 7 miles on it, we drove away from the dealer and it displayed 26 mpg.  Slowly, over the next 4 weeks and after 2200 miles it has inched its way up to 34.1 mpg but seems to be plateauing at that number.  Strangely, the average mpg isn’t able to reset or set for a “trip” mode (dealer verified this) like a lot of cars.  So, while 34.1 isn’t bad, it’s not what we paid for when we purchased a hybrid.  Any similar experiences?

thx

OP

If you use adaptive cruise control and let the car accelerate on it's own, you will get better, but the best city MPG I have so far is about 37.

Go here, spend the day watching these videos, you will learn tons

part one

part 2

As to RESETTING the MPG, it is in settings on the screen.  

On screen on left side tap on VEHICLE, then tap on TRIP INFORMATION then change from CURRENT to HISTORY then reset the MPG.  (click update I believe)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I drove the Camry Hybrid for 4 years. It had basically the same engine and e-transmission and same EPA MPG numbers. it always made city EPA of 41 MPG.

On the highway, at 50 it got about 48 MPG. At 70 it was a lot lower due to drag resistance.  the hotter the weather, the better the MPG.  Thing did not like cold weather. I'm signed up for the NX 350h and hoping for about the same results as with the Camry.

You can down load the 800 plus page Operators Manual free from Lexus and Quick guide also.  It's easy to use because you just pick a subject in the Table of Contents and it takes you to the right page.