2004 Ls430 - What Did You Pay?

Fair price on new LS430? What did you pay?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Fair price on new LS430? What did you pay?

• MSRP (List price)
    • $2500 over invoice
    • $2000 over invoice
    • $1500 over invoice
    • $1000 over invoice
    • $500 over invoice
    • Invoice Price

Looking at buying a 2004 LS430, since the used 2002 I was eyeing has been sold, and I much prefer the appearance of the 2004 model. I took my father to see a 2004 LS430, and after driving it, he's considering selling/trading his 2000 Mercedes E430 4Matic for one too. Think a dealer would *really* cut us a deal if we bought or ordered two LS430s? What is a fair price? I read on a thread here that someone paid as low as $1500 over invoice? Do Lexus dealers get a 2% holdback on MSRP, in addition to what they earn over the invoice price? We'd both get silver/flint mica with black/gray leather, Navi/Levinson, and the euro-sport package. Do we have a better chance of discount with what is on the lot or via ordering both? I would love to hear all thoughts and opinions...

Randy in Chicago

Below is what we'd order. I wonder if we could get them for about $54,500 each.

Randy

Price with Selected Options

Invoice MSRP

Base Price* $48,174 $55,375

Destination $625 $625

Options $4,216 $5,200

Total* $53,015 $61,200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selected Options

Modern Luxury Package $4,040 $4,980

Sport Package 1 $176 $220

Total Selected Options $4,216 $5,200

No, it is very possible to get a good deal on the LS430. I believe my dat paid $1500-$2000 over invoice for his. Invoice is what the dealer paid (well, kind of) MSRP is the "retail" price. LS430's are marked up $5-7,000 depending on the package. Lexys holdback is 3% of the base MSRP, so figure that in as profit for the dealer also. I think $1500 over is a great deal, I think when ordering two I would request $1000 over invoice for each. Its a happy salesman that sells two LS430's in one transaction!

My dad's is flint mica with black interior, Ultra Luxury package and it is a fabulous automobile.

I wouldn't consider any other car. Mixed up MSRP and Invoice. The LS is the best car in the world and we all know it. To think that people pay more for ugly looking Range Rovers, the world's ugliest vehicle. What were they thinking?