Thinking About Getting Navigation For 99 Es

There are several dash mounted Navi units with audio that run about $1000.

Several good names are Garmin and Magellan. Go to Best Buy.com or Circuit City.com or even Crutchfield.com and check them out.

Cheaper than that are some handheld GPS units and PDA based systems. Very protable and some even have street maps.

steviej

The Garmin iQue 3600 has lots of bad reviews on eopinions.com.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Garmin_IQue_3600_GPS_Receiver

The Garmin Street Pilot 2610 has a lot better reviews.

The dash units are very easy to install and move between vehicles.

My main misgiving about these dash mounted units is that they are an easy target for thieves. So, you have to go through the hassle of putting them away when you park.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not looking for a standalone GPS navigation like the Garmin Streetpilot III Deluxe Portable GPS system. I want the flexibility of something like the PIONEER AVIC-N1. I saw some like it on ebay and i wanted to know if the Factory remanufactured was worth it for about half the price?

Factory reman as in Lexus original equipment? Although I know next to nothing about the newer (96+) ES's, I'd be willing to bet that if it was a factory option, that the wiring would be there, just not the components, so if the unit you bought came with all neccesary components, I'd think that you could just plug n play but I don't know that nav was an option in 99...like I said though, I don't know much about your model. Wish I had all those cool doodads...I'm just a lowly 93 owner :lol: