94 Es 300 Cigarette Lighter Replacement

My girlfriend in Chicago, 1653 miles away from where i live, needs her cigarette lighter replaced. The local shop wants 2 hours + to do it. Not having inspected what it entails to do the job, I still find this a bit of a stretch. She has to have someplace to plug in her cell phone, i want her to wait till i come there and check it out. What she's going to pay the shop to do it would pay for a roundtrip ticket. They are charging her 37.50 for the part. Anybody run into this problem?? thanks tc

It is a pain but I wouldn't say it's impossible. Just the typical Lexus stuff-hard to get to, difficult to figure out how to remove, etc. Shouldn't just burn out though...probably something that could be repaired. I know on my 92 the plastic ring that holds the metal part in broke and caused the whole thing to come outta the ashtray. This coula happened to hers, causing it to come unplugged. In that case, the little plastic ring was like under 10 bucks if I remember right and took no time to replace. Check the fuse before you do anything though ;)