Loud Engine

I had a situation awhile back where my significant other didnt keep the proper coolant level in the car...so oneday, while in line at a fast food drive thru, the car begin to overheat..it got almost to the HIGH level and i pulled over and cut the engine off..sure enough the collant was all GONE...and the engine begin smoking heavily....after about a month, me and a friend were doing maintenance on the problem(because the car kept over heating even with the proper collant liquid in).come to find out the thermometer was stuck..and one of the wirings attactched to it wasnt plugged in properly,...so after we fixed it and put in a new THERMOMETER , the problem was solved..

BUT..

the engine tends to run sort of loud(to loud for a lexus)..what is the best remedy to reduce the engine noise?

that questions is kinda indiscript. It could be anything.... even something totally unrelated. Wheres it exactly coming from ... Best thing is to go to any mechanic and have him pinpoint where exactly the noise is