Rx330 Back Up Lights

rfcbuf

MyRX 330 back up lights are worthless. They give no illumination and are a definite safety hazzard. Any suggestion to improve rear visibility at night would be appreciated.

You're kidding me, right?

50 watt halogen over OEM, of course they make a difference, a BIG difference.

But, to be fully truthful, I'm not sure upgrading the one on the passenger side was all that helpful, I suspect it could be off and I wouldn't notice. I don't seem to use the right side rear view when backing as much as maybe I should.

I installed 12 volt 50 watt landscape halogens in 7443 bulb "bottoms."

Please explain what you mean by using 12 wvolt, 50 watt landscape halogens in 7443 "bottoms". Are the halogens simply a replacement for the 7443 original equipment bulbs that fit on the bottom of the bulb receptacle?

I bought 7443 bulbs with black plastic bottoms/plugs, removed the glass bulbs and installed 50 watt 12 volt halogen bulbs, bought in the landscape lighting department at home depot, in the plastic "plugs".

how did you open the rear panel? Rather, how did you access the rear light housing to get to the bulbs? I've tried everything and I can't seem to get the panel open. Didn't want to force it as I might wreck it. Please help!

• 3 weeks later...

The sound of 50 watt back up lights sounds good! Has anyone check for fuse and wire specs? These would each draw 2.38 times the amps as the OEM. What effect might this have on the control panel 'warning' regarding burned out bulbs etc?